Its just a matter of time - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 12:57 pm Thread Starter

Its just a matter of time

To all,

Summer is again upon us and would like to remind everyone for some restrain on speed. however, for the supermen amongst us let me share my story that happened 7 years ago and lessons learned.

There were 5 of us compadres, all ducatistas, all tract veterans that would ride the weekend in search of cornering challenges. We would take turn leading the group, one particular saturday as I was leading on a unfamiliar road, I attempted to make a late 90 degree turn after scrubbing my speed which I ve done a hundred times at streets of willow springs. Upon my entry, I noticed a huge spot of gravel on my path and turned the bike to vertical for balance which caused me to go wide into more gravel, I tried to navigate out unto the pavement and made a classic LOW SIDE.
I incurred damage to my 996, minor scratches on my Vanson and helmet. Had I been wearing my leather pants there wouldnt have been blood spilled.

Lessons learned:

1. Ride only 70 percent of your potential on the streets.( Keith Code)

2. Ride with full protection from head down to your toes along with your cellphone.

3. Ride with your buddy not to race but to restrain each other and stop more often.

4. Riding fast belongs on the track where the environment is controlled.

Remenber its just a question of WHEN?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2006, 3:23 pm
Veteran

one eye on the road and the other threw the turn.....all it takes is one stone....when i find a good turn to play with i sometimes go thru it slow and find out whats there first and then go back...but sometimes just a couple min later it has changed....its hard sometimes to give up that turn and pass it by.....big eyes and a way out...be safe!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 4:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allebas
To all,

Remenber its just a question of WHEN?.
I will second that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 6:19 am

...Matter Of Time

I always rode figuring EVERYTHING out there was trying to kill or injure me - birds, bugs, cars, and animals. It doesn't matter if it's a plastic bag or a cigarette butt flipped from a passing car. EVERYTHING is trying to get you!

Of course, the most dangerous of all the threats was ME! Don't forget to include your sloppiness or over confidence in the equation, too!

Travel safe!

JS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode