What's the service loaner status at your dealer? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 7:11 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

What's the service loaner status at your dealer?

I just want to find out if my experience is common or not among others. I took my '03 K1200GT in to the dealer today for it's 6k service. I just bought it last month so this is my first experience with service at my local dealer. When I made the appointment I inquired as to whether or not they had a service loaner available. The SM told me that the loaner bikes were for those that bought bikes from that dealer (I didn't), but if he had one available he could help me out. No problem, I understand that. So I get there and I'm the first appointment of the day and will need to leave it until lunch time. My wife picks me up and we go do some errands. After getting a call to let me know the bike is ready we go back to the dealer. What do I see? The loaner bikes sitting exactly where they were when I dropped mine off! I'm kinda pissed over this and didn't say anything but now wonder if I should. Does your local dealer provide loaners and what's the policy?

To make matters worse the Suburban barbacks (type 2) that were supposed to be installed did not come with the longer cables and now I have to go back next weekend to take care of that. On the positive side, the manager was very polite and helpful when answering my questions (but that should be a given).

David

'03 K1200GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 9:28 am
Addict

YMMV when it comes to dealers. I had my 6k service done this week. I went on a tuesday and it was swamped. The one tech was reluctant to give me a demo, the sales guy hooked me up like it was no big deal. I rode the bike back to work, then the dentist and put $15.00 worth of fuel in it (it was empty when I got it)

They called me at 2 p.m. and I was there by 2:30. All in all, the Baton Rouge Dealer did a pretty good job. They even reimbursed me for the fuel I bought. I didn't buy my bike from them either.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Smile Loaners

We always have a loaner when our bike goes in for a service. You can't pick & choose but that adds to the fun sometimes. We've had everything from an F650 up to an RT and look forward to riding something different for a day. Having said that, our dealer is pretty exceptional. Rainbow Motorcycles, Rotherham, England, UK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Max BMW bought up some old CHIPS bikes and uses them as loaners. Pretty cool idea if you ask me.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 4:09 pm

Irv Seaver- Orange County

Our dealer here in Orange County, CA has always had a loaner bike available for me, IF I told them I needed one in advance.

I didn't buy my "S" from them, but they still give me a loaner during service appointments.

I think the R1200ST is not selling well since they've been relegated to loaner bike status at this shop and up at Ventura BMW.

Keep a high visual horizon,
Bob
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 4:16 pm
"DELIVERS"

Same here with Caifornia BMW....enough advance notice will reserve one.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 5:10 pm
Just saying hey

No loaners at Chicago BMW, period.

RatSnake
Dennis Murphy
2007 K1200GT
Third Lake IL
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:59 am

San Diego BMW

San Diego BMW offers a loaner bike and will try to schedule your maintanence around getting you a loaner vehicle.
Last year there wasn't a loaner available and they were able to drop me off and pick me up. It helps that I work near the dealer, not sure they would if I had a longer commute.

ONON-
Mark
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2006, 3:44 pm
Addict

What dealer?????

Truthfully, none of the dealers withing the immediate vicinity (~100 miles or so) do not provide loaners....

2003 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue) (Fast)
1982 Honda MB5 (Not So Fast)
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2006, 8:38 pm

Talking

i get a loaner no problem, every time, for over 200,000 miles at bmw mc of grand rapids.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode