Baxley SB001 motorcycle trailer - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 7:51 pm Thread Starter

Baxley SB001 motorcycle trailer

Am in the market for a trailer to get my bike to rallys. This Baxley SB001 looks awesome as far as ease of use and security for the bike. Any one have experience with this product? The videos showing ease of use with this thing are amazing.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/SB001.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 9:29 pm
Telepathetic

I was in the market for a trailer last year and looked at a Baxley. For less than the advertised price of the Bax I bought a 6X12' enclosed CargoMate. I could have bought smaller but we haul 2 bikes to track days. I can throw all sorts of gear in the trailer and it is relatively secure, unless they steal the truck with the trailer attached. (Sorry Pirate). I now have a trailer for hauling other stuff and not just bikes. Not trying to talk you out of the Baxley, just telling you what I did.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 6:00 am

Baxley review

Way after the fact I find this question but figured in case someone else is looking, I should comment. I bought a Baxley GT2000 which is the two bike carrier and could not be happier. Granted it's a steep price for an open trailer but the ease and security is well worth the price. I have pulled it behind various vehicles and every time it's a breeze. I've never pulled a trailer that rides smoother. So if you decide to pull the bike or as in my case bikes, it's worth taking a look at the Baxley line of trailers. Pay attention to the fit and finish and you'll see some craftsmanship that is seriously lacking on the parking lot specials that appear to be bargains. The powder coating is great since I tend to bounce things off of areas that otherwise would be rusting. Just passing on a bit of hard earned eperience. Enjoy and remember once in a while you just need to rde.

Mike
Clearwater, FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2006, 9:33 am

I bought a 5x10 trailer with a fold down reinforced ramp/gate and added a Baxley LA Chock. Cost roughly $1300 and can be used for more than just hauling a bike. It's cheaper solution.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2006, 8:54 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2006, 9:39 am
Addict

3 grand for a bike trailer sounds pretty expensive to me, i paid less than half that for a boat trailer to haul a 3000 lb boat. the trailer looks nice but i'm sure there are cheaper alternatives that will haul your bike just as well. i'd shop around first and see what else is out there before i dropped 3 grand on a baxley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode