Test rides - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 9:53 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Test rides

Where can I find a listing of BMW test rides in the U.S.? Any chance of one in Sturgis in August?
Thanks,
Trigger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 2006, 12:44 am
Enthusiast

Hmmm. Analogy.

Going to Sturgis to test ride a BMW is like going to Walmart to buy high performance tires. ( I'll think of a better one than that)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Trigger

Before my BMW I traveled to Sturgis for 8 years. BMW along with all the other mfgs
offer test rides. BMW has all their models available and the ride is a good one lead by
qualified riders employed by an outside firm. Arrive early, 7:00 for the sign up, as the
rides fill very fast. A helmet and valid motorcycle license is a must. I remember the
last time I was there half way during the ride there was an abs demo that was very
impressive.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 2006, 8:04 pm
Enthusiast

The first time I rode a BMW was at Laconia. I was at the track and BMW had the whole fleet there. The demo ride was about 30 miles long and as you stated about half way into the ride the rep gave us a brake demo that was at the time for me just fantastic. The demo ride and brake experience sold om BMW's. It took me so long to finally try one. All I can say is I wished I started riding beemers sooner. Be prepared to buy one after the test ride. They really are very good motorcycles.

Bruce
Easthampton, MA
07 K1200S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2006, 8:59 pm

Test drive at Dealer

The first time I rode a K12R was at the dealership in Baton Rouge, LA. All they asked for was a copy of my driver's license and to sign a waiver. They even let me borrow a helmet, gloves and jacket as I didn't come prepared to take a ride. Glad I did too. They gave me the keys, a reccomendation of where to go, and sent me on my way.
Before the ride, I was told that if I am in the market for this type of motorcycle and if I was able to buy one, that once I rode it, I would want to buy one.
And I did, and loving it....
Calling the dealerships in advance and asking if they have any demos may help. You may get lucky and they have the model you are looking at as a demo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode