Road attack - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2006, 10:38 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Road attack

Tad over 20000 k done on the front tyre. Continental Road Attack. Walls wore out first from cornering, sticky tyre on the corners, wears well on the freeway. Best I have had so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2006, 8:07 pm
Let's Ride

I concur Papilio, the Continental Road Attacks are a great tire. You just don't hear a lot about them in the states. 50% more wear than my Z'6s, better price and sticky in the curves. Besides you have to love the look of a round tire vs a square tire.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2006, 10:22 am
Addict

So sorry to hear that, cuz I'm waiting for my RAs to melt off so I can go back to Avons. Sticky in the corners? Yes, IF the corners are pretty much perfect asphalt! Throw in a few tar snakes or, God forbid, a bit of water and it's a whole new ball game! Gimme Avons!

Deb and Dean Sauer
Golden, CO

The cure for boredom is riding motorcycles, and there is no cure for riding motorcycles...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2006, 3:05 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebS
So sorry to hear that, cuz I'm waiting for my RAs to melt off so I can go back to Avons. Sticky in the corners? Yes, IF the corners are pretty much perfect asphalt! Throw in a few tar snakes or, God forbid, a bit of water and it's a whole new ball game! Gimme Avons!
how are the avons for the freeway?....weekdays freeway sun morning hell on wheels!....i have been using z6 and i cant complain about miles but i get a little nervous on tight bends when the temp is below 70......now that the cooler weather is here (northeast) and i do need to get new sneakers...thought i would try somthing different...little more sticky in the curves but also good in the rain...watcha think?....thanks
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2006, 3:51 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

water

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebS

They shine in the wet. They are the best tyre I have had in riding more bikes than some people have had feeds. But as dirty Harry said "opinions are like arseholes, every bodys got one"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 7:53 am

Just put some Pirelli Corsa III's on last week - great tire so far...very sticky.
(brand new tire - just released)
I don't think I'll get much over 3k on them though.

Have a pair of Avon Vipers to try next.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 9:50 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
how are the avons for the freeway?....weekdays freeway sun morning hell on wheels!....i have been using z6 and i cant complain about miles but i get a little nervous on tight bends when the temp is below 70......now that the cooler weather is here (northeast) and i do need to get new sneakers...thought i would try somthing different...little more sticky in the curves but also good in the rain...watcha think?....thanks
I've had great luck with them, their forte would be in the curves - they do real well in the rain - we don't get much rain here, so when we do it's slimy. The Avons provide more of a rain groove than the RAs do so that may be why I prefer them. My only complaint is they aren't a very high mileage tire, but I've decided I'm not in it for the mileage, I'd rather have the fun.

Deb and Dean Sauer
Golden, CO

The cure for boredom is riding motorcycles, and there is no cure for riding motorcycles...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 10:37 am

I have 2000 miles on my road attacks... I think everyone should try them on their KR or KS! They are great and seem to last longer than most.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 12:35 am

road attacks, yeeha

Yep, Ive done a few k's on RA's, and love em, best tyre I had on the RS so far. Having said that, they havent seen the rain yet.
I learnt of these on this site, damn this is a good site, wish I had more time here.

Marty from Oz.
This is a bloody big Island
04 KRS Capri Blue ( the fastest colour )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode