BMW K1 For Sale......Too Cool - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2006, 11:21 pm Thread Starter

BMW K1 For Sale......Too Cool

I had to post this. What a bizarre beauty I would love to ride up to an event on this just for the "Funk" factor. I guess I'm old and losing my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2006, 11:58 pm
Enthusiast

Maybe I am also crazy, but I dig it!!! It somehow has a 'retro-futuro' thing going on. Yeh, that's it...it's a time machine!. Cheers.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 7:48 am
Addict

sorry but to me that's one of the ugliest bikes i've ever seen and reminds me why i wouldn't buy a BMW 10 years ago, styling was plain, uninspiring or just ugly. that yellow and red paint doesn't make it look any better either looks like something you'd see in a cartoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 8:51 am
Enthusiast

Gulf Coast Motorcycles in Ft. Myers, FL has had one on their showroom floor for sale for awhile now. Their asking price is just under $7k. Kind of an interesting bike, but not something for me. If it was black it'd look like something I used to see Batman ride through the streets of Gotham City.

Mike
'06 GT
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 10:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkvelvt
I had to post this. What a bizarre beauty I would love to ride up to an event on this just for the "Funk" factor. I guess I'm old and losing my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I still ride mine occasionally but it feels outdated and uncomfortable. Carrying luggage was a PIA but I managed for 40K touring with it. Now it just sits around and has become a conversation piece. I can't bring myself to sell it.
The most recent "action" it has seen was when I bounced my car off of it on one of my more stupid nights(see pic). Amazingly. the front bumper on the car lined up perfectly on the rear footpeg of the bike so the only damage was when the right mirror bounced off the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.JPG
Views:	1061
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	3281  

Jeff
K12RS Taxi
K1
R1150GS
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Of course it feels a little old: the bike was introduced in 1988! that's 18 years ago, what other 18 year old bike is not outdated? Marzochi forks, Brembo brakes, ABS, cat, the lowest wind drag ever, the daring style - still the K1 brings a smile to my face - the high pegs, my heels up against my buttocks... I ride my K1200RS with higher speeds on the straights - but the K1 faster in the twisties.

regards, Frits.

If you can laugh at your own stupidities, you have fun all year round!
BMW K1 '91 for sports, BMW K1200RS '03 for touring, Honda CB750K '80 for winter.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mser
Gulf Coast Motorcycles in Ft. Myers, FL has had one on their showroom floor for sale for awhile now. Their asking price is just under $7k. Kind of an interesting bike, but not something for me. If it was black it'd look like something I used to see Batman ride through the streets of Gotham City.

Mike
'06 GT
We have a factory black one without graphics and it is still quite striking in appearance all these years later. It may have belonged to Batman, but you have to wonder what replaced it.

mary
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 1:14 am
Addict

Love the K1

I have to agree with blkvelvt,the K1 is a fascinating piece of beautiful machinery...In another universe,I would like to have one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode