What to get next? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2006, 10:26 pm Thread Starter

What to get next?

Not yet ready, but next year I would like to get a newer bike. My current ride(and first) is a 1988 K75s. After my accident earlier this year, I have become more comfortable and have been riding as much as possible, putting about 2000 miles in the last few months, including one track event. I test rode a 2002 R1150RS a while back and was not very fond of the way the engine felt, and hated the brakes. I did like that the power increase was not huge, being an increase of about 25hp.

I am interested in something with a little more power, lighter if possible, and handles better, with ABS. Bags would be nice, as would at least a small faring. Like a standard style of bike. I do not see myself travelling long distance, mainly day rides of 300 miles or less. I wish I liked the boxers more as there are so many of them. I would like to stick with BMW, but have to consider others. Would like to spend $8k or less. I have looked at Suzuki 650 VStroms and SV650's, and a couple of smaller Ducati's, including the Multistrada.

What would you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2006, 12:55 pm

Talking

I suggest a '02 K1200RS.

Quite a bit heavier, but loads more power, ABS, and WAYYYY better handling at speed. I kept my K75S for playing with, but its a difference of night and day between the 2.

my $0.02
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2006, 2:46 pm
Veteran

When its time to get rid of the KRS, I think I will be looking at a V-Strom or Triumph.
This canbus stuff is just a little too much over-engineering in my opinion(like the servo-ABS ain't).

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2006, 7:57 pm

The Suzy SV650 is a great bike for a small displacement. There are racing classes just for this bike. From mild to wild, if you want a small great handling bike, it's hard to beat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode