Billy Lane - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 1:24 pm Thread Starter

Billy Lane

Anyone see this yet?

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc.../60905003/1006

I hope this doesnt turn into another minor celebrity gets away with murder like that idiot congressman in SD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Uhuh

I am sure those blood tests will come back clean. I think Billy converted to Mormonism after this years Sturgis rally.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Yes, there is considerable outrage about this on one of the other boards. Particularly in that the headline of this article makes it sound like poor Billy Lane was injured when he smashed into some inconsiderate shmuck in his way.

Here is a follow up article with a little more balance:

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...GNEWS/60906018

I've watched many of the "Biker Build Off" shows and, though I'm not into the chopper scene at all, I can usually admire most of the guys for their talent and workmanship. Not so with Billy Lane. I've always thought his work is that of a Hack, and his behavior makes him a first class Jerk as well.

Given what I've seen on the show, and some of the history discussed in the article, this unfortunate event dosen't surprise me at all. Hopefully, he will get his just rewards.

My condolences go out to the Morelock family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 8:59 am

Could not agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by matanuska
Yes, there is considerable outrage about this on one of the other boards. Particularly in that the headline of this article makes it sound like poor Billy Lane was injured when he smashed into some inconsiderate shmuck in his way.

Here is a follow up article with a little more balance:

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...GNEWS/60906018

I've watched many of the "Biker Build Off" shows and, though I'm not into the chopper scene at all, I can usually admire most of the guys for their talent and workmanship. Not so with Billy Lane. I've always thought his work is that of a Hack, and his behavior makes him a first class Jerk as well.

Given what I've seen on the show, and some of the history discussed in the article, this unfortunate event dosen't surprise me at all. Hopefully, he will get his just rewards.

My condolences go out to the Morelock family.
On the "HACK" comment as well as on the Jerk comment. On the shows he sounds full of himself. And last year he was here at the Atlanta Motorcycle show, wife and I watched him take pics with lots of "good looking girls" when I asked for a picture with the wife she just flat our shrugged us off and sent one of his boys to talk to us, I guess my SO was not his type or something.

The last biker build off I watched his bike caught on fire on the side of the road, he kept going for hundreds of miles with a gaz leak.....dummass
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 9:11 am

Well, the only way I'll ever get a picture of him, is if I have a rear facing camera mounted on my bike.

Harley dudes...ya gotta love buzzin' e'm!

Their here for our passing pleasure!

...especially the one's with the screamin' beagle kits.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 9:40 am
Enthusiast

Why have no charges been filed yet? At the very least he is clearly guilty of passing on a double yellow line which in my judgement should lead to voluntary manslaughter. Of course the legal system won't agree with that harsh judgement. They can charge him with DWI after the blood test result, but the other stuff seems obvious.

'03 K1200GT

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 9:44 am

I agree...killing someone is killing someone, regardless if your drinking or not?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDB
...The last biker build off I watched his bike caught on fire on the side of the road, he kept going for hundreds of miles with a gaz leak.....dummass
He also couldn't get one of his last bikes to start without days of extra work courtesy of Indian Larry, a few dozen part swaps, and nearly collapsing from exhaustion jumping on the kick starter. On another bike, he tried to do a sport bike mod by running the exhaust pipes through the bottom of the seat pan - ended up setting his ass on fire - absolutely pathetic!

I seem to remeber brief shots on one or two of the shows where he takes a bike out for a test ride. He and his crew just pull out of a side street onto a busy highway without even looking right in front of fast moving traffic.

Here's another update article:
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...609070331/1006
The article mentions that he was arrested for a similar incident as recently as June. Doesn't sound like a man on a path to religion if you ask me.

Sounds like the FHP is taking their time to build a case before filing charges. Lets just hope justice is done. The guy is a menace to public safety!

Last edited by matanuska; Sep 7th, 2006 at 10:37 am.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 11:05 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk63
Why have no charges been filed yet? At the very least he is clearly guilty of passing on a double yellow line which in my judgement should lead to voluntary manslaughter. Of course the legal system won't agree with that harsh judgement. They can charge him with DWI after the blood test result, but the other stuff seems obvious.
There's no hurry to file charges. Get all the evidence you can, make sure it's bullet-proof, then file a charge that is close to impossible to beat. Janklow didn't have enough pull to get out of jail time, and he certainly had far better connections.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 2:42 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matanuska
On another bike, he tried to do a sport bike mod by running the exhaust pipes through the bottom of the seat pan - ended up setting his ass on fire - absolutely pathetic!
I get the sneaky suspicion that his ass is suddenly feeling some heat again...

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode