BMW System V Helmet - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2006, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

BMW System V Helmet

This is probably the wrong forum for this but I am not positive.

I was wondering if any of our K-Bike brothers across the pond would be willing to purchase and send over a System V helmet for me. I would pay first

To be honest, I am not even sure what the cost is, but I am sure that it is north of $350. I hear that the carbon is actually ~ $1500!! :wtf

Maybe we could even start our own underground railroad for them.

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 8:31 am
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnblazer
.....I was wondering if any of our K-Bike brothers across the pond would be willing to purchase and send over a System V helmet for me. I would pay first

To be honest, I am not even sure what the cost is, but I am sure that it is north of $350. I hear that the carbon is actually ~ $1500!! :wtf
Howdy Brian,

I bet it's way, way north of $350.... AND they've got that lovely little VAT (Value Added Tax) that ain't small

Try sending an e-mail to these GUYS. I have heard that they had been willing to ship to the U.S. on System IV helmets.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05
'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
RCB, AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"

Last edited by BillyOmaha; Oct 5th, 2006 at 9:37 am.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Quote:
This is probably the wrong forum for this but I am not positive.

I was wondering if any of our K-Bike brothers across the pond would be willing to purchase and send over a System V helmet for me. I would pay first

Maybe we could even start our own underground railroad for them.

Thanks,
Brian
Price in Denmark is 650$ (without the bluetooth)

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 1:49 pm
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

Base colour red System V at my dealer in Spain are €420 - that's about US $525. Other colours are a bit more.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 4:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdf
Base colour red System V at my dealer in Spain are €420 - that's about US $525. Other colours are a bit more.
Does that include Bluetooth?

Thanks,
Brian
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 6:29 pm
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

Quote:
Does that include Bluetooth?
Not a chance. The bluetooth is another € 400 per helmet - ludicrous if you ask me, especially since the first ones that came out didn't work right and the battery doesn't last that long (from what I've heard). In my opinion you're better off going the cable route (Baehr, etc.) and wait a few years until someone perfects the system - especially the battery power.

By the way, I made a mistake - the base colour that costs €420 is the black helmet. All others are € 440. These prices include a 15% discount my dealer provides for being a bike customer.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 2006, 7:49 pm Thread Starter

So, $1064.00 for a bluetooth enabled helmet? And it may not work that well? :wtf

I think I will wait. Thanks for checking into it for me.

Brian
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 9:58 am
Addict

Brian,

I've got a "Platinum" (the flat gold looking one above) colored System V helmet I bought in Spain earlier this year.

It's an XXL and has a few marks and scratches (dropped it in a parking lot - clear visor has some scratches). I have both the tinted and clear visors for it. There are also some fabric tears in the liner that are apparently well known issues - doesn't affect the safety or usability of the helmet though.

I've tried it for a few months - and while I love it - it's just not right for my head.

If you want to PM me we can discuss further - I'd be willing to part with it for a less than new price.

Thanks!
alow

2003 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue) (Fast)
1982 Honda MB5 (Not So Fast)
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode