MOTO-ST rules changed to hurt BMW - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 6:48 pm Thread Starter

MOTO-ST rules changed to hurt BMW

Please consider sending an e-mail to MOTO-ST to protest their rules changes two weeks prior to Daytona in what is clearly an effort to hurt the BMW effort. See this thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=308209
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 7:57 pm
Veteran

is that the only change...is the use of type of tools?.......maybe im missing something in the rule change....let us know....but why is that a problem with BMW..i dont get it...as for batt operated tools go i would think thats the best way to go.....whats so unfair...is it the money to buy new tools?.....i would think the sponsors would pick up on that.....what are we talking 1 k at the most?....couple oil changes in the svc dept would pay for that...as far as 2 weeks go...still have enough time to run pit practice...there must be more to this than is posted....please submit what is missing so if there is a real issue that the people can truly follow up thanks

Last edited by BAK04GT; Oct 6th, 2006 at 8:58 pm.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2006, 10:47 pm
Looking for better limits...

I was working in another pit that weekend, and they were certainly doing something right. More pit stops and changing tires (plural) where our team went with the single tire the whole race. Couldn't believe they came in second. What was funny to me, though, was they were in the 750cc class (but I guess the rules allow 1200cc if it's a twin).

You get used to the sounds of the bikes going by, inline 4's having a high-pitched whine and the twins having a loud growl...but the BMW had a very distinctive sound of its own.

We did alright, too. Came in 4th overall, first in class (open).

Hope they do well in Daytona. As was mentioned in the other forum, they may have used Infineon as a practice run, which tells me they should do well (as long as they get to keep their tools).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 1:12 am Thread Starter

They changed the rules two weeks before the race to eliminate hydraulic tools (which SJBMW was using) and to require two stands for the bike if both the wheels are off the ground (SJBMW had custom made one stand to lift the whole bike).

These rule changes make no sense. Battery powered tools can generate a spark that could ignite fuel vapor, and why would they outlaw the kind of stand SJBMW was using? To help Suzuki, plain and simple.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 1:16 am Thread Starter

Some pics I posted on Pelican:

There was quite a turnout! There were more BMW guest bikes around the corner than there were in front...

Brian leaving the pit for the first race. "Open Class Twins," I think. He was blitzing by several by the first turn...

The SJBMW K12R Powercup bike:

The R1200S from between Turns 1 & 2:

When Chris was machining off the ignition mount and so forth, he cut down on the surface of the triple clamp that faces the rider and polished it. Looked way better than stock:

The Jardine can didn't do too well the day before. Needs to be mounted with another bracket, I believe Chris said:

Brian was accessible to all; friendly and easy to talk with:

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 1:17 am Thread Starter

Don't ask. I have no idea.

Acid needs to get one of these engine covers. Notice the quick disconnects hanging for the lines to the calipers. Chris held the caliper in his hand with a few inches of brake line and a matching red fitting. Hooks back up; no bleeding! Acid...

The party begins in Production 750:

Between Turns 2 & 3:

Two races so far. Two wins. Good work, Chris and Brian!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 1:18 am Thread Starter

Some K12R shots:

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 8:51 am
Addict

Cool pics!!

Thanks for posting pics of the race!! I love seeing our bikes at the top of the finish!!

Gravity
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 6:32 pm
Veteran

nice pics!!!....but why is this against bmw?.....are they the only ones to use 2 stands ...and batt tools?......i think maybe you mean that they changed the rules to throw off bmw that had made a special stand just for this race....and when the other teams saw this they bitched...but in the scope of things all are equal....so its back to the track ...as for the tools....i would guess its more safe to have less hose to trip over...and or run over....less clutter in the pits....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 7:09 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Carlton
Don't ask. I have no idea.

French, I think. "Sea Sun" Beyond that, I think you'd have to ask Chris.

Steve, was the K1200R PowerCup there that Saturday? All I saw was the boxer (many times, too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Carlton
Brian leaving the pit for the first race. "Open Class Twins," I think. He was blitzing by several by the first turn...
I believe if they hadn't been using the Saturday event as a "trial/practice run (good strategy, though)", they would have had first place overall as well as the 750 class.

As for the photos...geez. I need to hook up with you at one of these races and video what you do...I may bring my Canon A1 out of retirement.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode