BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

NYC Int. Motorcycle Show.....going?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  elementfmfl 
#1 ·
Trying to find out if anybody would be interested in getting a group together to go to the Int. Motorcyle Expo. at the Javits Conv. Ctr. in NYC Jan.20-22nd. So anybody in the Jersey area post a shout out. Might be fun (and ya might even get a chance to bask in warmth of my personality.....no?) Damn....it's been so warm we might be able to ride in huh? Hey John/JCW, my daughter's a flight atten. for Continental.....I can get ya a buddy pass to fly in from the Windy City for $50! What a deal......no?

#4 ·
That sounds sweet. I'll have to check with work and stuff (read wife). My sister works close to Jersey at U Penn that's quite a bargain on the flight, thanks.

#5 ·
JCW said:
That sounds sweet. I'll have to check with work and stuff (read wife). My sister works close to Jersey at U Penn that's quite a bargain on the flight, thanks.
If you're gonna really consider coming out then I gotta know. I have ta set things up with my daughter to enable you to get the "buddy pass" and such. Also, The U of Penn is as good as being on Mars, quite frankly, as it's two hours from me and even further than that from Newark Airport, let alone NYC. But, that's the small shit. First ya need to find out if ....and then I gotta make sure it's all good with "buddy pass". No biggie, just a lil' work.... It'd be a lot of fun ta boot. 2t

#6 ·
I'll pay my way out if I can make it, 2. I DID manage to buy a BMW... :teeth (Thanks for the offer, though)
There's a motorcycle show here in Chicago every year. It never seemed that good though the couple times I went.

#7 ·
JCW: "I'll pay my way out if I can make it, 2. I DID manage to buy a BMW... (Thanks for the offer, though)
There's a motorcycle show here in Chicago every year. It never seemed that good though the couple times I went."

No problem, but I might suggest maybe flying into AC vs. Newark to avoid having ta rent a car and get a ride from me...............The NYC show is always good (and packed) as they pull out all the "stops" and do all the "bells and whistles". Lots of discounting, and special incentives, from all the vendors. I also have free tickets if ya want em' ( I know ya can afford em', but it'll make an old man happy if you, or anybody else here, will use em') Anyway, I was still curious as to who from this area might be going as well. 2t

#10 ·
elementfmfl said:
Me not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth.... Im always up for free tickets!! Let me know where to sign up. Hoping to make it sat. THANKS
Will get back to you asap

#11 ·
Tinos said:
I will be there on Saturday for sure and maybe on Sunday.

Tinos
Where the hell ya been Tinos?????????? Been wondering about whatever happened with your rotors and shit? Fill us in........... :confused: 2t

#12 ·
By the way, the show dates are Jan 19 to 21 (not 20-22 as posted earlier). I will be there but I usually go on Friday as they open. It's the best time, not much of a crowd, you can take really nice bike shots, sit on any bike without waiting. Those in the NYC area can go at noon (take a long lunch) and just get stamped and come back in the evening.

#13 ·
2tall2fall said:
Where the hell ya been Tinos?????????? Been wondering about whatever happened with your rotors and shit? Fill us in........... :confused: 2t

Just being busy trying to pay for the new bike :mad:

In any case in an effort to avoid hijacking this thread I have posted an update to my saga on the original thread.

#15 ·
I'll post about how many tickets I can get. I will leave spares in the 'will call' under whoever's name I feel worthy enough :D :moon 2t

#18 ·
No freebies.....................uuggghhhh!

elementfmfl said:
2T U R the best :yeah
I am not being given anymore than the two I got..................... Seems somebody "forgot" about saving me the normal amount I get (8-10)......sorry. I will be there.....not sure what day....hopefully Friday to avoid the crowd. 2t

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.