TRAFFIC VIOLATION FINES AS OF JANUARY 1, 2007
Updates on traffic Violation Fines:
1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 1/1/07 (NOT $271, posted on the highway is old).
2nd time offense - Doubled. 3rd time - Tripled. 4th time License Suspension.
2. Incorrect lane change $380. Improper lane lane crossing of solid lines or intersection
3. Block intersection - $485
4. Driving on the shoulder - $450
5. Cell phone use while driving. - Double fine
Cell phone use while driving in the construction zone. - Double the
6. Passengers over 18 not on the seatbelts - Both driver and
passenger(s) get tickets.
No “Trunking” - Both driver and “Trunk” passenger - Fines and
Points in Driving Record.
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit. Street racing commits felony
8. DUI = JAIL
New Laws for 2007
This listing does not contain all of the bills enacted in 2006 that made changes to the California Vehicle Code. Only those having a significant impact are referenced. For complete information on chaptered bills enacted in 2006, please refer to the legislative website at www.leginfo.ca.gov
Unless otherwise indicated, these new laws become effective on January 1, 2007 and are divided into the following categories:
* Vehicle Registration
* Driver License
* Occupational Licensing
* Records Access & Confidentiality