How to Adjust Angle of Clutch/Brake Lever??? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2007, 3:52 pm Thread Starter

How to Adjust Angle of Clutch/Brake Lever???

I have a feeling this has been discussed, but I asked the committee and no one can give a good answer.

How to adjust the angle of the clutch and brake lever--- no, not the amount that they "Open", but the angle that causes you to reach over and down for the clutch, or brake...

Hard to describe but looking a the bars from the side, how to adjust the inclination, or declination of the levers?

Or one more way of saying it, if the left hand grip is the center of the clock, (looking from the side) the clutch lever is now at about 8:00 MST, and I want it up to about 9:00 MST, or maybe even 9:30/10:00...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2007, 4:23 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopz
I have a feeling this has been discussed, but I asked the committee and no one can give a good answer.

How to adjust the angle of the clutch and brake lever--- no, not the amount that they "Open", but the angle that causes you to reach over and down for the clutch, or brake...

Hard to describe but looking a the bars from the side, how to adjust the inclination, or declination of the levers?

Or one more way of saying it, if the left hand grip is the center of the clock, (looking from the side) the clutch lever is now at about 8:00 MST, and I want it up to about 9:00 MST, or maybe even 9:30/10:00...

I don't think you can. I remember something about a locating pin or something.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 11:06 am
Addict

Quote:

I'm sure my KRS had a small amount of rotational movement (I think that's what you mean), because I went from the stock full forward position to more upright riding with the BMW comfort risers and remember rotating the whole assembly a small amount before tightening the clamp bolts. It's a while since I did it ,so humble pie if it doesn't work for you.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 11:54 am Thread Starter

Hey thanks- thats what I was hoping- can you tell where the Clamping Bolts are located?

As I look at it- it is not obvious to me. There are also screws to apparently remove the switchgear covers but there must be a secret screw in there somewhere cause I cannot break the code on that either.

thanks
Bob
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 2:33 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
I don't think you can. I remember something about a locating pin or something.
The illustrations in the factory manual suggest that the controls are held on in a manner very similar to the brake levers on a ten speed bicycle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lft.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	5558   Click image for larger version

Name:	rgt.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	5559  

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 4:40 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Hey thanks- thats what I was hoping- can you tell where the Clamping Bolts are located?

As I look at it- it is not obvious to me. There are also screws to apparently remove the switchgear covers but there must be a secret screw in there somewhere cause I cannot break the code on that either.

thanks
Bob

Bob

Maybe these pages from the manual, along with the others that are posted will help you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R&R left grip tube.pdf (45.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: pdf R&R left handlebar tube.pdf (49.8 KB, 120 views)
File Type: pdf R&R right grip tube.pdf (53.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf R&R right handlebar tube.pdf (55.5 KB, 84 views)

Bruce C
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 4:59 pm
Addict

I forgot to mention, when you start playing with the assembly, check how much the screen can touch on full lock. I have the BMW comfort screen with newer oval mirors and had to accept a touch from the screen on both locks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 6:20 pm Thread Starter

You guys are the greatest- examundo what I wanted!!
thanks
bob

p.s. stay tuned for the next question... its electrical.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 6:32 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Be sure to prepare to capture all the magic smoke that tries to escape electrical systems...that's essential.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2007, 6:57 pm
Veteran

Quote:
You guys are the greatest- examundo what I wanted!!
thanks
bob

As long as the electrics are by Lucas, we can answer it!!!

Bruce C
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode