Ceramic Bead Tire Balancer - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2007, 5:50 am Thread Starter

Ceramic Bead Tire Balancer

Has anyone tried the dynamic tire balancing system (see link below)?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

There is an interesting article about it in the July edition of BMW Owners News.

Jim Davis
Athens, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2007, 7:23 am

They work!

After a front tire renewal and machine balancing at my dealership a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a slight "hop" at high speed. Rather than take the bike back for tire rebalance or living with the annoyance, I ordered a Dyna Beads kit from InnovativeBalancing, LLC.

Wow!. Those little beads work wonders. After pulling off the lead rim weights and installing the beads (which must be done VERY slowly), all hint of instability is gone. My bike - a K75S - has never handled better. I've now ordered another kit for the rear tire and can't wait to install it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2007, 7:51 am
Veteran

I was in a tire shop last week getting new tires on the car and I asked the old guy who owned the shop about them.

He laughed and said he was rotating and balancing some car tires once and one tire just wouldn't balance on his electronic spin balancer. It kept saying to add and move the weights here-and-there. He thought the machine was broke, but he knew it was working.

He broke the tire down and found a lot of beads in it. He cleaned them out and balanced it normally. He said the internal molding of the tire had low and high spots and mold lips that were catching them and causing the beads to settle wherever.

I guess it would depend on how the inside of the tire looks. Some look pretty smooth. Others not so.

Jury still out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2007, 8:45 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
I was in a tire shop last week getting new tires on the car and I asked the old guy who owned the shop about them.

He laughed and said he was rotating and balancing some car tires once and one tire just wouldn't balance on his electronic spin balancer. It kept saying to add and move the weights here-and-there. He thought the machine was broke, but he knew it was working.

He broke the tire down and found a lot of beads in it. He cleaned them out and balanced it normally. He said the internal molding of the tire had low and high spots and mold lips that were catching them and causing the beads to settle wherever.

I guess it would depend on how the inside of the tire looks. Some look pretty smooth. Others not so.

Jury still out here.
I've also noticed on car tires that when the cover is removed, there are often balls of rubber running around inside. I guess the inside always stays soft, so I'm not sure if putting in some hard ceramic beads is just going to wear away at the loose rubber parts and make more rubber beads. I guess they keep spinning around a while after you stop as well.

If beads are so good, why not put in some round lead shot you get from the dive shop? If you put in enough, your wheels will become gyroscopes and you can ride horizontal round bends - until they stop rolling that is. The word to watch for is 'dynamic' that says to me something might happen over which you have no control.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode