Clymer Manual Purchase Good News/Bad News - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2007, 5:21 pm Thread Starter

Clymer Manual Purchase Good News/Bad News

I have the bike so I need the Clymer Manual on the K1200RS, right?

I went to eBay cause I like it and its fun. I "won" an auction 6 days ago from an outfit called onehorseoutfit. Paid for it immediately.

After hearing nothing in 6 days I send an email to them and ask when it will arrive. They reply saying that when it ships they will tell me. I call on the phone and the very nice guy says that he does not have the manual but when he gets it- it will go right out. Thats the bad news.

He says there must have been a run on it because he normally has it in stock.(WTF?)

Duh... Rhetorical Question... if you don"t have it- why try to sell it?... but I digress.

He offers to refund the money or to ship priority when it comes in- but no guarantees because he does not know when it will arrive at his end. I accept his offer of a paypal refund- and it happens immediately- thats the good news.

I go to amazon and buy it for LESS money and it ships today. That's the Better news.

There must be a lesson in there somewhere, and I have no affiliation with amazon dot con...

Last edited by hopz; Jul 20th, 2007 at 5:27 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2007, 7:45 pm
Veteran

That proves that you have to do your homework when it comes to eBay "deals".

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2007, 9:16 pm
Addict

Had the seller's negative feedback been examined beforehand, a fair amount of complaints regarding items not in stock and/or slow/delayed shipments would have been evident.

Whenever a seller has negative feedback, I always read through them first to see if they're posts (read: retaliatory), if there's some merit to any of them, and if there is, if a pattern can be observed.

Note: I pre-ordered mine before initial release from Repairmanuals.com.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)

Last edited by carnadero; Jul 20th, 2007 at 9:23 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2007, 8:43 am

Cool

Must add a "Amen Brother!" to the Amazon connection---shopped all over and bought my Eri-6 earphones from them and had them in 2 days!! Best part to me: if you are not happy and want to send somethinng back they will send you a shipping label and pay the shipping too! JD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2007, 9:01 am
Addict

If an item is shown listed on Ebay, you won it and provided they don't hide a disclaimer, what gets put up for auction, must be available otherwise the seller is advertising something he hasn't got and that must be fraudulent. If he says 'there was a run on it' he must have had less items than he actually listed for sale. It's not just about feedback but illegal trading practice selling vapour ware.

Get money back, post bad feedback afterwards and go to Amazon.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2007, 7:15 pm Thread Starter

Done, Done, Done, Done....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 9:50 am

Ebay has become a commercial haven for people like this. I avoid Ebay at all costs for the most part. Plus, Ebay is making a killing of people buying and selling things. I listed a motorcycle a while back on there and it ended up costing me over $70! That's how they can afford a fleet of 6 different $40 million dollar private jets to jockey them around the globe on a whim.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:57 am

[QUOTE=barnburner] Plus, Ebay is making a killing of people buying and selling things./QUOTE]

I think that is why they are in that business.

I sold an 1150RT on Ebay in two days and it cost me $29. Have you ever priced a newspaper ad?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:34 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnburner
Ebay has become a commercial haven for people like this. I avoid Ebay at all costs for the most part.
That's what the feedback system is there for. It's up to the potential buyer to do their research and determine the possibility of any problem arising due to a particular seller's habits or policies, based on the past experiences of others.

It's not perfect, but it beats having nothing in place at all.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode