LED Light question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2007, 9:02 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation LED Light question

Hey Guys:

I was at my local BMW dealership in Detroit and purchased a LED License plate frame. I wired in the frame per the instructions given, and all appears to work correctly.

However, the "General Warning light" is now on. It is the red light with the triangle and exclamation piont in the middle similar to the posting icon.

I am assuming because there is a draw to the power to the rear tailight (that is the recommended source per the instructions), that it is tripping this warning light like a bulb is out.

The bulb and the LED lights come on correctly, however I have noticed there is 1/2 second delay now when you turn the key before the rear tailight lights up...

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 5:23 am

What year is your bike? What brand/model of your LED license frame? Is this possibly a CANBUS issue? I have a 2000 K12RS which is from my understanding not CANBUS equipped, and I am considering going with an LED license plate frame as well so I would be interested in hearing how this gets resolved. Another question is are you satisfied with the brightness of the frame in daylight? I have yet to see one yet so I am a bit curious.

Take Care, Good Luck & Ride Safe!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 9:33 am
Addict

Strange how instructions for some accessory would recommend tapping into the taillight circuit of the electrical system, yet not give any solution to any problems that might arise as a result of such recommendation, especially in the case of the presence of a taillight defect detection system.

Best bet would be to consult the dealership that sold the product or the manufacturer for a solution.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode