1998 K1200RS seat question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2007, 11:30 am Thread Starter

1998 K1200RS seat question

Hi all!!
I am a new member that just purchased a used 1998 K1200RS. I had a 1992 K75 before this baby but desired a larger, more powerful ride.
This K had not beeen well cared for and one thing I want to replace rapidly is the heavily cracked seat. It is not comfortable because of the cracks and looks ugly.
I have seen seats all around for sale used. Now the newbie question.
What year seats will fit my 1998? I have seen a Sargent off a 2003 for sale and this made me wonder, plus I have seen many stock ones from many years for sale. What can I just slide on/
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2007, 11:43 am
Veteran

All K-bike seats from '98 to '04 are interchangeable. For me, the stock seat was not tolerable, others will not agree. You will have to find this out for yourself.
You can get a almost new stock seat for under $100.00 on eBay, or this and other BMW sites.
The Sargent is a very good seat.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Last edited by brucecha; Aug 19th, 2007 at 2:02 pm.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2007, 1:26 pm
Addict

I took my old seat in to a local and it redone for a couple hundred, added padding when i wanted and took some out in another.Also as an option is a factory "short " seat if your legs are a tad on the challanged side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel
Hi all!!
I am a new member that just purchased a used 1998 K1200RS. Thanks in advance.
Welcome on board. Seats are easy and well worth what you spend. You can spend a whole lot- but also as mentioned above- there are many skilled local guys who will not only fix the cover, but make the foam part just like you like it. Ask around. These guys are not that hard to find. Start with any local independent bike shop- especially custom shops.

enjoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode