ZTechnik windscreen(s) for K12RS - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 12:24 am Thread Starter
Just saying hey

ZTechnik windscreen(s) for K12RS

I have two K12RSs, a 2000 and a 2003. I have the standard and taller OE screen for the 2003 and the standard and an AeroFlow for the 2000. The AeroFlow does the job (very little buffeting), but I really don't like the aesthetic. Anyone have experience with ZTechnik windscreen(s) for either year?

Thanks.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 10:14 am
Noob

I installed a ZTechnik wind screen on my '02 KRS over 7K ago.. Works great for me. Puts my helmet in clear air and the wind on my torso neutralizes the pressure on my hand grips. I had been using a BMW sport screen with a laminar lip and am not going back. I do live in SoCal. BTW it looks great!

Peter

Peter
'99 R1100S Black
'02 K1200RS Blue
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 4:14 pm

Cool

Mike I bought a Aero tall and was not happy as it gave protection but at highway speeds it was bumping me about pretty good--got a shorter (by a good 3 inches) and it made a much nicer ride---finally got A& S supply to get me the right model for the 2000 RS in the "comfort" screen--- seems the best yet --specially for the warm seasons--- I think the Z screen would be good for the same reasons as the comfort---pushes the air stream up and over with just a nice touch getting to my shoulders so I'm not sure I want to spend the dinero for a repeat of what I have ---and yeah, that Aero flow doesnt't look to cool until I turning blue from the cold---thinking I'm spending some cash on a heated vest and gloves this winter JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 5:16 pm

Z tehnik screen

I've had the Ztech for a year and about 10k miles , and it is my favorite. I use theRS in the summer (when not touring) a CeeBailey +4 in the winter and theZ tech the rest of the time. I am 6' tall so clean air hits me at shoulder level and there is no buffeting. I ride with low bars, 2004 K1200GT. The stock GT screen went into the trash and the Parrabellum was returned. My other bikes have low bars and no windscreens. I ride in the European style,and I am the president of "the Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 6:32 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Thanks, Guys, for your comments. I'm impressed especially by the quality of the ZTechnik windscreens. The taller ZTechnik screen will go on the priority list for my '00 K1200RS.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 11:00 pm

ZTechnik Z2214 Sport Screen

I've used the Z2214 Ztechnic model for two years....it's used for all riding except the 70-80mph trips on the superslab from Southern Ohio to N.E. Wisconsin. Like the GT touring screen for clean air and limited pressure on my shoulders.

The Z2214 (like a double bubble version of many sport screens you see) removes the buffeting and has a great look on my black '03 K1200rs. See the member picture gallery for pictures.

6' tall.

Like an earlier posting, I prefer short "euro style" windscreens. Wouldn't know how to ride if I was looking through a windscreen.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2007, 11:15 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrisbeeTiger
I've used the Z2214 Ztechnic model for two years....it's used for all riding except the 70-80mph trips on the superslab from Southern Ohio to N.E. Wisconsin. Like the GT touring screen for clean air and limited pressure on my shoulders.

The Z2214 (like a double bubble version of many sport screens you see) removes the buffeting and has a great look on my black '03 K1200rs. See the member picture gallery for pictures.

6' tall.

Like an earlier posting, I prefer short "euro style" windscreens. Wouldn't know how to ride if I was looking through a windscreen.
Nice pics on the gallery. How did you mount the radar detector? Looks good from the posted view. I currently use a Valentine mount that is a single stalk, but I use a X50 instead of the Valentine. Looks good, but it blocks my low gas warning light. What type of mounts on the phone and GPS? Nice, clean look.

I like the Z2214 too. I guess I'll probably add a forth shield to my inventory.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2007, 6:09 pm

is the comfort screen the same as the "tall" screen? there is a tall for sale on ebay and I was wondering how much taller it was compared to stock...anyone know the answer???
tks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2007, 12:17 am

Mounts for Radar, GPS , Phone on My '03 K1200rs

Nice pics on the gallery. How did you mount the radar detector? Looks good from the posted view. I currently use a Valentine mount that is a single stalk, but I use a X50 instead of the Valentine. Looks good, but it blocks my low gas warning light. What type of mounts on the phone and GPS? Nice, clean look. I like the Z2214 too. I guess I'll probably add a forth shield to my inventory.

The Magellan GPS (non turn by turn model) is mounted using a RAM ball, on their 40 (degee angle one piece unit) by using a longer screw into the pivot stop factor bars....not sure if these were standard, but I bought the bike with 2,500 miles. When I don't need the GPS, and want a clean view, I use the factory screw and stow the GPS. The radar mount was made by shaping a piece of redwood, or cedar wood, using velcro on the bottom of the wood and attaches to the concave tupperware. The radar unit then velcro's to the mounting piece. If it rains, I stow the detector. Phone bracket is like the RAM ball mount in that it attaches underneath to the same bar pivot hold. The aluminum pieces were made from an old Radio Shack cell phone underdash mount for the receiver. The bench grinder did all the work.

Thanks for the kind words.....I too like the clean look. The phone mound also doubles as the holder for the I-Pass thing.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2007, 10:25 am

Cool

CJ I bouth the "comfort screen from A & S supply ( they have 2 pics of windscreens for the RS and dang if I can tell the diff --I put the cofort clear side by side to the stock screen and I would say it is 3 inches taller ---works for me as a hot weather screen JD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode