Suspension? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 1:03 pm Thread Starter

Suspension?

Does anyone make a heavier rear spring for the older(04) gt seems im always scrapping something when my wife rides with me. do all these k bikes steer like tanks its soft and unpredictable. Maybe its just the size and that its new to me. Just off an ST4s ducati. this is my second bmw. not complaining just looking for setup help & info Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 1:22 pm
Addict

I had Works Preformance make me a set for my 04 K1200RS. Just give them a call at 818 701 1010 and tell them what you want.

Bazra
aka; The Flash
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 3:58 pm
Looking for better limits...

Other springs are available, but have you adjusted the pre-load (round knob on the left side of the bike, near the rear wheel)?

I opted for Wilbers shocks and had the right spring installed prior to them shipping it to me. The stock BMW shocks are Showa's, but they really don't qualify as rebuildable. A suspension shop should be able to tell you if the shock can be fitted with another spring, though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2007, 11:50 am
Enthusiast

Ohlins are available for your bike. They build them to your weight and riding style. Many dealers worldwide. Relatively expensive. I went Ohlins front and rear. Shocks were $1852 including install. Made a big difference.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2007, 1:37 pm
Will ride for picts

How many miles? If you have over 20k miles, you might start thinking about a replacement shock. I ran my stocker to 60k miles before replacing it. Starting riding with the pre-load cranked all the way up, even solo, and was still grinding all the time. Put on Ohlins and its now a rare event.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2007, 5:15 pm
Rookie

+1 on cranking the preload.
Before investing $$$ on aftermarket shocks, you may want to determine what is scraping. For me it was my centerstand. The bike still handled well so I put a smaller rubber stopper in to allow the centerstand more clearance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode