Considering a Big Mak Stealth Tank Bag - Opinions Wanted! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 7:13 am Thread Starter

Considering a Big Mak Stealth Tank Bag - Opinions Wanted!

I'm in the early phase of outfitting my "new" blue 03 K1200GT which I picked up last week - 4,035 miles, and was stored in a climate controlled building - it's in very nice shape. I've changed the oil and filter, put on a new set of Z6's, and plan on replacing the balance of fluids at the 6K service.
I've always had a tank bag, and am considering the Big Mak Stealth Bag for this bike, I really like the "flip-up" feature, and this size bag will work well for me. Anyone have a Big Mak willing to share opinions - any other easy on/off tank bags I should consider - Thanks in advance - I appreciate your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 7:34 am
Veteran

I have had the Big Mak Stealth SC model tankbag on my bike for over 30K. I got this size because I was worried about seeing my instruments over the bag. No problems with it at all.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:20 pm
Addict

Tank Bag

Here's what I did with a Cortech Tri-Bag System. You will need and extra base and some ingenuity if you want a tail bag, see first pic. And the last pic is cool if you have a Givi. When I first bought the system it was way too tall when both items are attached. I was bummed but then started to brainstorm and this is what I have. Sometimes the small bag goes on the tank, sometimes the larger goes on the tank. This is a very versatile set up. Though I'd share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-Bag.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	6253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-Bag II.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	6254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-Bag III.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	6255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-bag IV.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	6256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-Bag V.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	6257  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-Bag VI.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	6258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tri-Bag VII With Givi.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	6259  

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 4:44 pm
Rookie

Thumbs up

+1 for the Big Mac stealth bag. Had it for two years on my RT, and four years on my '03GT. Never leave home without it. It's a bit faded, but still works great. The flip-up thing is priceless.

Reg
'03 K1200GT
(Dark Blue Rail Gun)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2007, 8:27 pm

Great tank bag system . I have three sizes , the SS 4 3/4 " tall for around town etc. XL for touring and SC for local rallies etc . The Big Mak is my favorite tank bag.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2007, 8:38 am

I use the Luggage Locker system. A single lockable ring can handle a variety of standard bags, coolers, laptop carriers, and pretty soon a hard case for electronics. The ring holds the bag so that it does not touch the paint. I use the system on my '03 K1200RS. You can actually see the bag and ring in my signature pic.

For safety, they mount to a plastic ring that attaches to the bolt points on around your gas cap. It breaks away in impact to prevent injury. I know from experience that it works.

http://www.luggagelocker.com

Great all-around system.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode