Wanted: Stock Seat - very good condition - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2007, 5:48 pm Thread Starter

Wanted: Stock Seat - very good condition

I need to start chasing down a replacement seat for my RS. I was anticipating this when I bought the bike as there was some wear on the seat and small splits evident, now it is getting markedly worse. I did a preliminary search in the classified section but did not find anything current.

If anyone knows of a stock seat in very good condition let me know. Checked prices & found that the stock seat is more expensive than the "comfort" seat! Thing is I am on the edge with the stock seat in the lower position and still being able to flat foot it with boots on, so I should probably stick with the stock seat. Don't like the looks of the Corbins, nor the expense.

Thanx all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2007, 6:01 pm
Veteran

another option is to have it re covered.....is it a heated seat?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 2007, 2:38 pm

Well... I found one on ebay not too long ago.

That was after a friend gave me one on which he had tried to reduce foam thickness. It didn't go so well, leaving the seat pretty lumpy looking. I stopped at a local auto upholstery shop to see if they could transfer the pristine seat cover from the lumpy seat to my seat which was also starting to crack. Guy there told me that the seat cover was heat bonded to the seat foam and that they couldn't to any better to transfer it.

Upshot of this is that I have one good seat on the bike and two in various states of "not so good." If there is any way these could help you, we could probably work something out.

FWIW, I paid $81 + $24 shipping for a "mint" seat. There's a seat on ebay now but the seller wants $125.

Just keep an eye on ebay and IBMWR (http://www.ibmwr.orgthat/market/adlist.php?cat=kps) and the classifieds here and you'll see more. If you get a good enough deal on a heated seat, I'd consider working out some kind of swap.

-hank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 8:28 am
Just saying hey

I have your seat

I have an extra seat from 03' Krs, its in very good cond. asking $100 plus shipping.
Can sent pic's if you have an interest.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:25 am Thread Starter

Thanks All! Got a seat.

'kat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode