2003 K1200RS with GT Heated Seat - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 8:05 pm Thread Starter

Question 2003 K1200RS with GT Heated Seat

Hey Guys:

I have a K1200RS with a K12GT Comfort/Heated seat. Does anyknow how to wire it in so the heated seat option works, or is this a dealer only job? I am mechanically inclined, and not afraid to try something new. It is starting to get cold and wet here in the upper Midwest, rode 75 miles in 60 degree rain yesterday, Brrrrrrrrr!

Also can someone shoot me the part number for the metal fuel line quick disconnect, or website to order. Thanks!

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2007, 8:37 pm
Looking for better limits...

Go to the "Community Archive Forums" which is the bottom-most forum in the Community Section.
Select "Technical, Repair & Maintenance", then click on "Search" with "Heated Seat Install" in the search field then change "Entire Phrase" to "And"
Click on "Submit"

There are a couple of ways to wire things, and depending on the kind of switch you want to use (or end up using), you can get four levels of heat.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2007, 9:06 am
Enthusiast

Heated Seat

However you wire the seat, use the high setting only briefly. I've had two seats fail, both ater I left them on high for extended periods. I now leave the seat on high only until I feel some heat, then swtch to low. My latest seat is two years old. The previous ones didn't last six months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2007, 3:02 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54089093
However you wire the seat, use the high setting only briefly. I've had two seats fail, both ater I left them on high for extended periods. I now leave the seat on high only until I feel some heat, then swtch to low. My latest seat is two years old. The previous ones didn't last six months.
Exactly....that's the purpose of the high setting...to get up temp fast, then switch to the low setting.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54089093
What year? I have an '03 that came with the heated seat and it failed under warranty. Replacement seat lasted less that two years, replaced under warranty. Both of those seats were seamless across the whole seat. The replacement I have now has a seam stitched between the rider and pillion area across the width of the seat. No issues when it's on high for any length of time. That's not more than a few days a year, as it doesn't get to the 30-40 degree range here that often, but it's the high setting that gets used when it gets that cold. The first replacement seat I followed those "set it high until you feel the heat" instructions. It burned a hole through the seat allowing for a second replacement. On low heat most of the time, too.

I could never get an answer on the seat failures, but accepted that since I got a free replacement, I wouldn't be getting an answer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode