Wiring PIAA Spots - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2007, 1:03 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Wiring PIAA Spots

Hi all,
I'm going to fit some piaa spots to my 04 GT using an Autoswitch.
Question: Can I run the power supply from a spare fuseway in the fuse box and if I can what is the connection type into the fuse box. In Clymer I see that one fuse is dedicated to 'Optional Equipment' Where is the socket for this facility located.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2007, 6:27 pm
Looking for better limits...

Try a Search on "Autoswitch" with regards to the switch. They've been installed on many bikes.

On mine (separate on-off switch), the PIAA power leads go directly to the battery, the control lead was soldered onto the parking lamp wire, and the on-off switch double-sticky-taped to the left grip pod.

I will admit, though, that I would have gone for the autoswitch if I'd known it existed before I got the lights.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2007, 6:54 pm

Exclamation

Have the autoswitch installed...works fine and I kinda like it....except for the my reservations below:

Let's say you have the autoswitch installed for fog or driving lights....and the lights are bright enough that dimming them for oncoming cars is a must...then let's put you driving down a winding road at night with your driving lights on and your high beams on. Due to the degree of the turn in the road, an on coming car surprises you....you have a two second delay to press and hold the turn cancel switch to turn off the accessory lights as well as turn off your high beams....therefore each hand is busy with this function....so, who's steering the bike?

Personally I like the option to use an on off switch leading to a relay (I guess it should lead to the high beam), and the relay being tripped by a connection to the high beam (power source for the relay could be a direct wire, fused connection to the battery. With the on/off switch in the off position...no accessory lights. With the switch in the on position they come on and off with the high beams.....very efficient...and effective, IMHO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode