ohlins shock questions - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 5:21 am Thread Starter
Addict

ohlins shock questions

my '04 kgt may be getting ohlins. what is best price on front and rear.? can i get these 1" shorter? who is the best vendor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 7:33 am

I bought from www.hardracing.com they were the lowest price I could find and the service was great.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 9:55 am
Enthusiast

Ohlins

onlineparts.com is worth a look. There was another outfit that came highly recommended because of the service, seems like kyleracing.com or something close.

David Littlefield
Clute, TX
09 K1300S
70 Commando
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 11:02 am

Call Jim at Pro Pilot Racing. I've heard nothing but great things about them from people who know. They sell at a discount and do good work setting them up right. I'm sending mine there this winter for servicing.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 12:07 pm

give Lindemann Engineering a shot too

408 371 6151
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 6:28 pm

kyle racing

I just got my set from kyle racing. They are about the same price as hardracing. Top notch service and very helpful when you have questions. www.kyleusa.com

Are you installing the shocks yourself? the rears is not a difficult install and I documented my job fairly well for future reference. I was going to complete a writeup shortly, when I get around to it. My fronts arriveed a couple days ago and I haven't had a chance to install them as of yet. I need to change out the fuel/air filter anyway, so I have to remove the tank regardless.

ONON-
Mark
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 6:35 pm
Enthusiast

Worth the Money??

Not to highjack the thread but are they that much better than the stock GT shocks - are they worth the money - can you tell the difference. Have been debating on making the change on my 04 but want to know if you all think it is worth the $$.

Can you give me some idea on what you spent for the shocks and labor if you had the shop do the wrenching?

Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 7:04 pm
Looking for better limits...

Replaced the front under warranty, so it's hard to say how much a front shock upgrade would "feel". The rear was changed back around 20k, and the ride was improved, but that's seat-of-the-pants evaluation. Both are due for a rebuild, and while the rear wasn't that much of a challenge, I'm really not sure about the removal of the front. Can't really tell how much of the bike you have to take apart to get the thing out. Or if there's special tools involved. Hopefully, Mark does his soon and provides a write-up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Rookie

Ohlins

Ditto for ProPilot. Their price was good and Jim is very forthcoming with advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode