03 Electric Windshield Problems - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:56 pm Thread Starter
Noob
 
bmwvuk1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Limerick, PA, USA
Posts: 6
03 Electric Windshield Problems

:wtf I am having problems with my 03 GT Electric Windshield. When I push the switch up to raise the windscreen, it goes up. If I keep holding the switch, it continues to go down. When I push the switch to lower the windscreen, it does nothing. The only way to lower the windscreen it to raise it by pressing the up button and continue to hold it in. Has anyone ever had this kind of problem? It is driving me nuts.


bmwvuk1200
2003 Orient Blue K1200GT
Limerick, PA
bmwvuk1200 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2007, 7:46 am
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 32
Never heard of that befor. If thats all thats wrong with your bike, concider yourself lucky.
chrissmith is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2007, 9:40 am
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10
not exactly

Last spring I changed out the stock GT screen for a ztechnic short screen. While it wasn't exactly as you described (the up/down both worked), it wouldn't initially recognize the limits. Now, I didn't have the issue around long enough to have to address it directly; the only thing I did was have the battery disconnected for about 30 minutes on a completely different thing, and after that, the issue has not arisen again. And, this is with having gone back to the standard screen last weekend... A suggestion, but not a certain solution.
chrish3k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2007, 10:32 am
Veteran
 
BAK04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Meredith, NH, USA
Posts: 1,511
could be a micro switch problem.......also someone out there is doing some work with a pat on self adjusting shield that adjust to the speed of the bike.....Just thought i would throw that in.....http://www.ascycles.com/Illustrated_..._frameset.htmlDiagram 46_0814 Item #21

Last edited by BAK04GT; Nov 24th, 2007 at 10:51 am.
BAK04GT is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2007, 11:19 am Thread Starter
Noob
 
bmwvuk1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Limerick, PA, USA
Posts: 6
That's funny, I just put on a new Z-Tech Tall Screen

However I was experiencing the problem intermitently prior to installing the new screen. It did work at first, but perhaps the colder temperature has something to do with it. I'll disconnect the battery for a while and see if that does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish3k
Last spring I changed out the stock GT screen for a ztechnic short screen. While it wasn't exactly as you described (the up/down both worked), it wouldn't initially recognize the limits. Now, I didn't have the issue around long enough to have to address it directly; the only thing I did was have the battery disconnected for about 30 minutes on a completely different thing, and after that, the issue has not arisen again. And, this is with having gone back to the standard screen last weekend... A suggestion, but not a certain solution.


bmwvuk1200
2003 Orient Blue K1200GT
Limerick, PA
bmwvuk1200 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2007, 3:04 pm
Looking for better limits...
 
Razel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Posts: 5,163
Mine has a limit switch issue. Has since day one. Gets adjusted, goes fubar some time later. In my case, though, it's lowering the screen. It bottoms, then goes up again. Push the up button and it goes back down, only to head back up again. I get it at the lowest point, then release the switch. The amount of times I adjust the screen doesn't cause me to insist that it be repaired permanently.

YMMV...



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Razel is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2007, 9:50 pm Thread Starter
Noob
 
bmwvuk1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Limerick, PA, USA
Posts: 6
Fixed it...adjusted micro switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
Mine has a limit switch issue. Has since day one. Gets adjusted, goes fubar some time later. In my case, though, it's lowering the screen. It bottoms, then goes up again. Push the up button and it goes back down, only to head back up again. I get it at the lowest point, then release the switch. The amount of times I adjust the screen doesn't cause me to insist that it be repaired permanently.

YMMV...
Works fine, bad news is that I broke the switch assy when taking off of left handlebar. Dealer says $375...ouch. Stupid mistake. Anyone have a spare from a wreck?


bmwvuk1200
2003 Orient Blue K1200GT
Limerick, PA
bmwvuk1200 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2007, 2:12 pm
Veteran
 
BAK04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Meredith, NH, USA
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwvuk1200
Works fine, bad news is that I broke the switch assy when taking off of left handlebar. Dealer says $375...ouch. Stupid mistake. Anyone have a spare from a wreck?

Try this site http://www.beemerboneyard.com/
BAK04GT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S and R Bike Problems? Lenny K12/1300S 36 Oct 10th, 2008 11:25 am
New windshield option for GT's! allen_m K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 15 Apr 23rd, 2007 6:14 pm
Need Advice on Cee Bailey Windshield retroboy K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 9 Oct 17th, 2006 12:43 pm
K75RT electric windshield conversion renstimpy Other K-Bikes Discussion 2 Oct 9th, 2006 10:21 am
More Shifting Problems (Help) ncrider K1200RS/GT (Classic) 26 May 4th, 2006 9:23 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome