Cee Bailey seats? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2008, 10:47 pm Thread Starter

Question Cee Bailey seats?

I am looking at seats and have looked at the sites for Cee Baileys, Kontourseat, Sargent, Corbin, and, Russel. The CB site sounds the most interesting but I can't find where any of you guys have given their seats a review. Are their not many CB seats out their, the web site sounds like they are fairly new to the motorcycle seat business. They sound as if they should have a lot of happy or unhappy CHP officers, and pilots.
Thanks, Mark

Last edited by mthoma12000; Feb 24th, 2008 at 10:58 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2008, 10:00 am
Addict

Seat

I own a KonTour seat and it's fanfreakingtastic. First long ride with it was from Charlotte area to the BMW Rally a few years ago in Vermont. On the way home we did 13 hours in the saddle from Vermont to Winchester Va. It's drawback is after a rain, and the bike is out in it and you are wearing jeans, it won't be good. If you always wear riding pants, like I do, it's not an issue. The seat does everything they say it will and the craftsmanship is excellent. I bought a used scratched up cheap seat from someone at www.ibmwr.org and had Kontour build on that one. This leaves me with my stock seat for resale down the road. That's my three cents.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2008, 11:12 am

I bought a Ford F250 with heated leather seats and they are the best. I know this doesn't answer your question but it seems like thats what so many folks do so .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2008, 7:45 pm Thread Starter

WOW!! That ford seat sounds great, but I need something a little smaller.

I read through the Kontour seat site but it didn't sell me they talk materials and CeeBaileys talks about experience and who better than CHP. I guess I'll call them all tomorrow and see if they can tell me why I shouldn't buy the other seats. Heat is a plus but not necessary comfort is a must and I would like a company that will get it correct the first time.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Like my Cee Bailey

I had Cee Bailey make a seat for my 98 K1200RS. I'm very pleased with it, have recently ridden over 600 miles in a day on it, works very well. I had a Russell on my previous bike, a Triumph Trophy. The Russell is more comfortable, but doesn't enhance the appearance of the bike a bit with it's wide tractor saddle styling. If you're an Iron Butt rider, go with the Russell. Otherwise,your choice probably depends on your appearance concerns, I don't think you will be disappointed with either.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:49 pm Thread Starter

Thank you

I'm still looking. I talked to a few of the companies and they really need someone that has a little more info or at least a good sales pitch. I talked to one company that said I probably don't really need their seat for my commute!! I do appreciate the honesty and the seat would have definitely been function over form but that is for me to decide.

Anyway, I think I am going to get the Rick Mayer seat. I like the idea of a custom seat over a production. It's not a lazy boy like the Russel but it looks big enough to be comfortable and still looks sporty'ish.

Till I think about it more....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode