Bridgestone Vs Michelin - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 2008, 4:32 pm Thread Starter

Bridgestone Vs Michelin

After digesting every available test on BT21s and Road Pilot 2s the only difference seems to be price, the Michelin coming out some 20 more expensive than the Bridgestone, I have an 02 K12rs running squared off metzelers, will the Bridgestone suit it? some of the guys running the Bridgestones on the GT have said the front does not last and "wanders". Anyone have experience of this?

Cheers

Peterb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2008, 8:47 am
Rookie

I have the B21's . Most of my riding is touring and two up, I have a '98 RS. While I like some of the nicer tires this is good enough for what I do. Mileage is good and have never experienced the wandering you describe. Rock solid front end.

--------------------

"That's some Catch, that Catch 22"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2008, 9:25 am
Rookie

I"I've ran most I think the BT20"s were good got about 8k miles. Out of a set the BT21 got about 5k. The BT56 were about the best for mileage about 9 to 10k but they would wear well always had scallops. The road pilot is a good tire about 9k the center is hard. I wore the sides down and the center still looked new. I am referring to the front tire. I have a road pilot2 on it now with about 3k shows good wear so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2008, 12:01 pm
Addict

Tires

Peter, have you looked at the Conti-Road Attacks? I ran Michelins in the past but I didn't like the lower speed buzzing noise from the rear. Michelins are good wearing tires though, especially when you keep the pressures up. I always run two pounds under the "cold max" on the sidewall no matter what tires it is. The Road attack last very well and they have more grip than I have nads.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:44 pm
Noob

depending on your riding style. everyone now is going to the road 2s. the idea is you get mileage from the center and grip for the corners. I run pilot powers now because I ride in the north ga mountains regularly. I will probably switch to them next.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode