Appreciated the heated grips and seat today! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 5:24 pm Thread Starter

Appreciated the heated grips and seat today!

And yesterday actually. It was 2 deg C yesterday on my ride in. Warmed up to 6 deg. today.

Parked beside an ST1300 this am. I looked for a switch for heated grips but didn't see any. Don't those bikes have heated grips?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincGT
And yesterday actually. It was 2 deg C yesterday on my ride in. Warmed up to 6 deg. today.

Parked beside an ST1300 this am. I looked for a switch for heated grips but didn't see any. Don't those bikes have heated grips?!
Did you noticed any wires coming out through the gloves??....

Didn't think that was even an option. I almost bought a ST1300, until someone had removed the side cases, revealing a butt ugly machine.

'04 K1200RS- sold
'06 R1150GS Adventure ( Final Edition ) ( Still in Crate) 4-sale
'04 Honda RC51 ( still in the crate!) 4 sale
'08 BMW HP2 Sport #43 (awsome)
'09 BMW HP2 Sport w/ABS #77 ( still in crate)
'10 Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide

Last edited by Lucky88; Nov 15th, 2005 at 6:57 pm.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:44 pm

It is time

I will put the heated seat on in the A.M. Off goes the Sargent and in comes the heat. Must upgrade my gloves also. This morning 38 deg. F going to work passed some creapers on road and felt the rear swish tail 2-3 times during the pass. Oh crap that must be ICE ....
The grips are great but that seat does get way hot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:06 pm Thread Starter

Thinking of picking up a Sargeant for summer riding. I don't find the stock seat too comfortable over longer distances...even with heavily padded bike shorts and the BMW summer riding pant. Leathers might help.

I agree that seat gets hot! I seldom put it on the high setting and if I do, not for very long. I wouldn't mind if the grips got a little hotter.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:11 pm

I like the heated grips too. Mine just went AWOL for the 2nd time. Last time I had to replace the controller which costs a bucketfull.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2005, 9:30 am

Heat grips and icy roads

Well,
Been out on rides with my new (to me) K1200RS.. The heated grips are great!...I also wear a heated vest so it is so comfy even now when the tempertaure dips to around 1 to 4 degree C.
However, coming home in the evening one day, it turn dark and I can only say the stock BMW low beam is a bit on the dark side...so I'll do some research on brighter bulbs.
Also, here, they spray some salt solution on the road in the early mornings. By mid-day, the temperture is 4C above freezing, but the salt-glace road surfaces is slick!. Need to keep the speed down so I don't low side...

All for now
Plastics
99K1200RS silver/blue
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2005, 9:55 am
No bogey's twist wrist

Talking heat need more heat

Rode from Nashville Tn. Sunday to below Jackson Mississippi over 450 miles, rained off and on and 40's. Followed a Corvette chasing a Semi at 110 made great time but lost them at gas stop. Got around 35 mpg at that time. rode home after viewing all the destruction in Miss and Lousiana with my son an insurance guy who was there to hand out year end checks to agents. Many a teary eye upon getting checks they hadn't expected. Any way rode back on Friday left in the 20's in the mornings rode into the 30's by noon and back to the 20's as I got near ot home. Heated grips on high, seat on and off as even low seemed to get warmish. Winter Orina gloves and Roadcrafter bibbs with Gerricke hi-dry coat. If it wasn't for the grips and seat would have been hell. As it was it was a bit brisk. 1000 miles on the GT just there and back and to the house it was stored at for the week. Now if I could just duct the engine heat off the fans up to me while riding.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 11th, 2005, 12:08 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastics
However, coming home in the evening one day, it turn dark and I can only say the stock BMW low beam is a bit on the dark side...so I'll do some research on brighter bulbs.

All for now
Plastics
99K1200RS silver/blue
Three things. PIAA and Phillips makes a higher intensity/same wattage bulbs. Don't understand the magic, but I've tried both and the light coming back "seems" to be better.

Check out your headlight adjustment. For some reason, the beam seems to be aimed low. I noticed that mine was lighting up the tiny rocks the front tire was kicking up as I went down the road. I've got mine set probably a tad bit high, just such that the reflective lane dots light up a ways down the road. Not such that the highway signs overhead are also lighting up, though. No flashes from oncoming traffic thus far...

Get some fog lamps, PIAA or Moto. They mount either under the cowling below the oil cooler or on the forks. Light up the road a bit better up close, and work wonders should that single headlight bulb decide it's lived long enough.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
Three things. PIAA and Phillips makes a higher intensity/same wattage bulbs. Don't understand the magic, but I've tried both and the light coming back "seems" to be better.

Check out your headlight adjustment. For some reason, the beam seems to be aimed low. I noticed that mine was lighting up the tiny rocks the front tire was kicking up as I went down the road. I've got mine set probably a tad bit high, just such that the reflective lane dots light up a ways down the road. Not such that the highway signs overhead are also lighting up, though. No flashes from oncoming traffic thus far...

Get some fog lamps, PIAA or Moto. They mount either under the cowling below the oil cooler or on the forks. Light up the road a bit better up close, and work wonders should that single headlight bulb decide it's lived long enough.
Go ahead, tell them the scientific way you set the lights.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode