Pirelli Diablo Strada rear tire wear pictures - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2008, 1:00 am Thread Starter
MIK

Pirelli Diablo Strada rear tire wear pictures

I understand it all depends on one's riding style etc, but in case you are curious :-) .. here is my photo wear log of the rear pirellii diablo strada (regular tire)

Pirelli Diablo Strada - Rear tire

So far, it is the best tire I tried (longevity wise and grip too). I probably could get some miles more out of it, but left side started to get cupped and worn down to wear indicators in some places... And FWIW, all rear tires I tried, wear like this on my bike. Here is what I tried so far -> mileagetracker.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 12:05 pm

A local tire shop guy told me the Strada comes in two models for the 180/55-17. One model is specifically designed for the Yamaha FJ1300 sport tourer. He doesn't know why they made one just for that bike. Do you know? I'm guessing it because it's a heavy bike like the BMW.

2003 K1200 GT
73 RD 350
85 RZ 350
79 Daytona
82 V45 Sabre
03 Tuono Racing
82 YZ 250
02 Polaris 500
02 VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 12:17 pm Thread Starter
MIK

That is my understanding as well. It suppose to have sturdier sidewalls or something like that. I am currently running Diablo Strada 180/55ZR-17 E (E - heavy bikes) and it doesn't look like I am going to get more miles out of it than the regular one I had mounted before. I have about 5K miles on it so far.

BTW, since that post, the best mileage I got was from Pilot Road 2 - 180/55ZR-17B (B - heavy bikes). It was most expensive tire from all I tried, though.

It a bit hard to read this table, but here are all tires I tried with mileage and price:
http://www.mileagetracker.org/showBi...eseServices=11

http://nedod.simplecheck.net/other/k12gt/tires

Last edited by MIK; Feb 23rd, 2010 at 1:34 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode