Footpeg Forward Plates - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2008, 3:26 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Footpeg Forward Plates

Hi again Guys,
I recently posted a thread about my bent footbrake pedal in which I mentioned I was making some adaptor plates to move both footpegs forward. They are now made, fitted and successfully tested and I am very pleased with the improved riding position.

Now, I would love to have been able to show them to you, so that you could make yourselves some if you wanted to. Well now they are here:

Ed.
You emailed me and I'll edit your post as requested and post your pics below - Vox

Now, I'd like you to put that (those?) templates on a flat bed scanner, so you scan the outline and holes, email them to me and I'll post something others here might want to use. PS I like the machine work. What thickness material did you start with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Peg 2small.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	7523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Peg 2small.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	7524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Plywood Patternsmall.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	7525  

Last edited by voxmagna; Mar 27th, 2008 at 12:28 pm. Reason: Added pics at request of OP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Those look great...would like to have some for my KGT....how much forward were you able to go....need to replace brake hose or anything?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2008, 9:58 pm
Rookie

Thumbs up Nice job!

Suburban Machinery is a local shop here that makes several after market parts and with some dimensions you might be able to have them make up some for any interested folks.

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/bmwindex.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2008, 10:13 am Thread Starter
Noob

Hi westcoast biker,
I have sent you a seperate e-mail with all the details you are asking for. If you haven't recieved it, let me know and I will do so again.
If anyone else would like details of how to make these, I will put a detailed post on the site. There is no machining involved, all you will need is two pieces of 10mm alloy plate, 20cm X 10cm, a small bench pillar drill, a bench grinder and a selection of hand tools to include a hacksaw and some files. Neville G.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 4:33 am Thread Starter
Noob

2nd e-mail

Hi again Westcoast Biker,
I have sent the e-mail again. Hope you get it this time, if not let me know. Neville G.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode