Givi E350 or E450 top case for 03' K1200GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:25 am Thread Starter
just saying hey

Givi E350 or E450 top case for 03' K1200GT

Hi, I've seen the thread on the turbulence some folks are getting after installing the Givi V46 top case. Anyone with experience with the Givi E350 of E450 top cases on a GT?

pantana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:45 am

I have the Givi Simply (E450) on my '01 RS and have no problems up to 135mph (which is about as fast as I care to go!)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:13 pm
Addict

I have the 450, only experienced a sidewind prob on a sweeper once - now I watch for it. The Givi mounts give the best support and carry the most load, but working out how the bits fit can be a head scratcher. There's very little else space on the K to get storage volume and weight, so make the most of what little there is. The 450 seems big at first, but you get used to it, I put their backrest on mine. If you feel the need to tank around well over 100mph - just unclip the box.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 3:23 pm

John,

I have not read about the turbulence you refer to. I have been running with the E46 daily since I bought my '03GT. I am sure it may cause some effect under some conditions but if you can not fit the stuff you need in a tank bag, what are you going to do? I only use the side bags for longer trips. I think the side bags have a greater turbulence effect than a tail bag. It all boils down to what you need to carry. Then buy the one that fits. Very happy with mine.

David
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 10:48 pm

I have an E46 on my 98 RS and I've had no problems at all. Just this past weekend I decided to check it out at speed and hit 220kmh twice with no problem at all. Cruising at 120-140 kmh I don't even know it's there. In fact, since installing the rack in March, I haven't taken the tail trunk off the bike.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2005, 12:40 am

Wink

I've had a V46 on my '03 RS for two years now - never felt any turbulance... 0 - 200 km/h, 0 - 30kg , never noticed a thing...

Extreemly happy with the product....
http://www.k-bikes.com/gallery/files...DSCF0008-2.JPG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode