Deltran Batt. Tender Jr. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 5:46 pm Thread Starter
dec

Exclamation Deltran Batt. Tender Jr.

Does anyone still have the instuction manual that came with their Batt Tender Jr.? I am curious of the reverse polarity indication.

I had my BATT replaced and I'm thinking dealership switched ends when reconnecting SAE lead. When I plug in BATT Tender Jr. it goes red for a couple minutes (normal for charge cycle) then turns green. With the temp's dropping I've noticed weak starting in the AM, but the BATT Tender Jr. acts if there is a full charge.

Thankx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Re:Deltran Batt. Tender Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec
Does anyone still have the instuction manual that came with their Batt Tender Jr.? I am curious of the reverse polarity indication.

I had my BATT replaced and I'm thinking dealership switched ends when reconnecting SAE lead. When I plug in BATT Tender Jr. it goes red for a couple minutes (normal for charge cycle) then turns green. With the temp's dropping I've noticed weak starting in the AM, but the BATT Tender Jr. acts if there is a full charge.

Thankx in advance.
RED light flashing connected, not connected properly, connected to a dead battery(< 3 volts).

Blchandl2
'00 R1100RT
'04 K12RS
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2005, 11:30 am
Addict

Question

The original question is what does it mean when the red light goes to green after only a few minutes without time to charge and without the flashing green light portion of the cycle?

my charger has begun doing the same thing, and i suspect that it is dead and useless.

bert brumfield
kernersville, NC
1998 K1200RS [TAXI],
2007 K1200 R-SPORT
207 k1200GT
MSF RIDER-COACH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2005, 11:43 am

Cool

It means the battery is fully charged. The red light always comes on first, after the charger decides what the charge level is the lights change appropriately, green fully charged and being maintained in your case. Check that the cables are tight and that ground cable is tight where it attaches to the engine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2005, 11:52 am

You may need to check your connection on the bike. It gets a little crusty in there and needs to be cleaned from time to time.
I use a little Baking Soda and water mix, so its a paste. I use a Q Tip to apply in the connector, let it stay for about 4 or 5 minutes. ( it will bubble a little ) Then use a damp paper towel to remove the paste, then a new dry one to dry.
When the connector is dry, plug the charger back in.

Its worked for me for the last 3 years,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode