it is used by the factory to facilitate filling of the brake system (there is also one on the clutch bleed). Just replace the grub screw assembly with a bleeder
Thanks ... this helps. But, Um. Er. ..ok...
It's still very confusing though because:
- It doesn't look anything like the speed bleeders on the Internet (see photo below)
- It is drawn clearly in the BMW Autorrad shop manual (but not explained)
- The manual shows a "grub screw" in the "filler adapter" but I don't see that in mine
- The "filler adapter" is not on the parts diagram (at least not on www.realoem.com
- I tried unscrewing the "filler adapter" but it just tightened in both directions
(I was being gentle and did not force it, after all.)
The main questions becomes:
- Does it just unscrew out then?
- How can the shop manual show it but the parts diagram does not?