Tenzo PIAA lights source - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 9:00 am Thread Starter

Question Tenzo PIAA lights source

Son needs more visibility on his 02RS...cycle gadgets sells PIAA brand kits but $300.00 + is a bit much. I have the Tenzo square lights on mine and they work fine. They were on my 01 when I got it.

Anyone know a source for the less expensive Tenzo lights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:26 am

Thumbs up

Have you checked out the driving/fog lights that are available at Wal-Mart, Kragen & Auto Zone?

I ran a pair of cheap lights from Wally World on my last K bike and they did a good job for what I wanted. The bodies are cast, not plastic so they are prone to get a little corrosions but as long as they work, who cares. When they finally give up the ghost, you can buy another pair and the wiring is already in place.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 1:09 pm
No bogey's twist wrist

driving lights

I run the Catz mss found on ebay for 60 shipped. Nice pattern cuts off at the top so it doesnt bothe most cages. Don

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2005, 5:48 am

Seems like MotoLight and PIAA are a bit over priced. I had PIAA's on my RT and liked them but when I traded they went with the bike, darn. Being in deer country I also wanted more lighting so went to Auto Zone and picked out a nice pair that uses H3 bulbs(55W). Run them stock for a while then installed a set of PIAA H3's. They have a little wider pattern that the PIAA but seem to light up the sides of the road better. I am happy with them now. So far got about $60.00 invested.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2005, 12:00 pm

Hey Knappy,any pics? What brackets did you use and what brand and model are they? I was think on doing this the next time I get the plastic off.Thanks.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2005, 9:10 pm

Actually the brackets came with the lights. They are kind of cheap like brackets made from steel and painted black. They seem to be sturdy and are quite easy to aim and mount under the air scoops for the oil cooler. They must be mounted out as far as possible to avoid contact with front fender. Check the clearance carefully. There are a couple of mounting screws for some of the tupperware close by and can be used.

I will send pictures and brand just as soon as I can, please be patient. I tend to procrastinate from time to time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode