sargeant seat - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 6:32 pm Thread Starter

sargeant seat

greetings -

got my K on Friday and took it out for a spin on sunday. only 120 mls (which went like zoom-zoom), and major complaints from my significant other. she says the saregeant seat is major uncomfy...i actually tend to agree. i was going for longer rides on my old 06 GS without hearing any complaints at all.....anybody chime in ? what are the options ? getting a corbin seat ? going back to stock ? trading my wife ?

be safe. cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 7:28 pm
Looking for better limits...

Comfort seat (optional on the K1200RS, standard on the GT) is a pretty good seat in its own right. But, the creme-de-la-creme is a Russell Daylong. Butt ugly, but one of the most comfortable seats for a long ride there is. Corbin has been 50/50, and Rocky Mayer is pretty close to you. You might check with him as they may be able to do a ride-in, ride-out for you. Mayer seats, according to some folks on the internet, are just below the ride quality of the Russell.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 6:30 am
Addict

russell

been there, done that. on my '04kgt, tried everything.......finally ordered my russell. can ride 15hrs and am very tired, but my butt feels like i've been in an easy chair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 7:52 am
Noob

Sargent seat: Good for about an hour. Longer than that it's very uncomfortable. Used it on a 3k+ road trip 2 years ago. Never again.

Stock seat: Ok for comfort. Great for moving around on the bike in the twisties. Alway run it on day trip/weekenders to NW Arkansas.

Comfort seat: Very comfortable. 3k+ trip last year was much better. Will do it again if I can't squirrel away the money for a Daylong.

'02 Pacific Blue K12RS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 5:35 pm
Enthusiast

I regularly ride 300+ miles on the stock seat and my personal best is 825. It isn't USUALLY the seat that bothers me, it's usually my elbows, wrists and shoulders. I do notice a big difference in comfort depending on what I am wearing. Normal jeans and I get uncomfortable after an hour or so, and need to get off of the bike after around three hours. If I wear 'bike' pants then I can go much further and still be fairly comfortable.

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 6:26 pm

Got my bike this year and it had a Corbin with a backrest on it. I love it. It is very comfy and I rode about 500(7hrs) and not one butt issue.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2008, 3:27 pm
Noob

Bill Mayer

After using the stock comfort saddle for the last five years I finally took a seat pan into Bill Mayer and he worked his magic on it. They were able to reposition me 1" further aft, 3/4" higher and it made all the difference. (I'm 6'3") The pain in my butt is gone as is the pain in my knees. I just did 3.5k last week with absolutely no issues.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Comfort Seat

Where can you get a Comfort seat for the K1200RS? Special order from BMW only? Any idea what they cost? Anyone have a used one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode