The K1200RS is NOT a sport touring machine (IMHO)
I'm not sure what the K1200RS is, but, it's NOT a sport tourer in my humble opinion.
Sure, it's powerful, and it handles wonderfully, and it's smooth all almost all RPM.
What a sport tourer must have, IMHO, that the (99) K1200RS does not is ...
- The seat must be comfortable (the K12RS pitches you too far forward)
- The windshield must shield you from the wind (the K12RS buffets you)
- The handlebar position must be comfortable (it's certainly not, for me)
- The footpeg position must be comfortable (it's definitely not for me)
- The number of miles per tank should be large (200 miles is barely enough, IMHO)
- I have both windshields (both stink and neither stays in the high position)
- I have both seats (neither of which is comfortable in either of the two positions)
- I have Ohlins which work fine as shocks
- I have lowered footpegs and barbacks on the handlebars, neither of which makes the seating position any more comfortable
- The rest of the bike is stock