Rear Brake Squeal - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2008, 10:11 am Thread Starter
Noob

Rear Brake Squeal

I recently replaced all the brakepads on my 03 GT. All was fine for the first 100 miles and then the rear brake started to squeal just as the bike was coming to rest. The new pads were from Moto-Bins, Ferodo FBD 108's, as recomended by Moto-Bins. I removed, cleaned and re-fitted them with Copper Grease on the rear faces, as normal, but there was no change. As I also had some BMW pads that I had been given some years ago, brand new and still boxed, Part No 34 (? can't read it ) 1 454 724, I have just fitted these as an alternative, but the brake still squeals exactly the same.
I had no problem with the old pads that were fitted to the bike when I bought it, so can only assume that the rear brake is very pad specific, and I have been sold the wrong spec ones by Moto-Bins and the BMW ones were also wrong.
Has anyone else had this problem ? What are the right ones ?
Neville.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2008, 10:38 am
Veteran

Neville

Don't know if this will help you or not. The parts fiche at Hammersley BMW (www.webparts.com) lists # 34-21-7-657-025 as the pads for your bike.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2008, 5:27 am Thread Starter
Noob

Wrong Pads

Thanks a bunch for that. I didn't realise what a fabulous site that is for finding part numbers and I was able to confirm that the pads I fitted were for a K100LT, which is the bike my brother had sold shortly before he gave them to me. I will be fitting the right ones shortly which, hopefully, will cure the problem.
Neville.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode