Will ride for picts
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minden, NV, USA
Seat comfort is a personal issue. Three times I've ridden over 1,000 miles in one day on the stock seat (did it just last weekend, Minden to Denver, about 16 1/2 hours). The stock comfort seat is not a problem for me, but my ass has a bit of extra cushion.
To put the seat in the upper position:
1. Remove the seat,
2. Stand behind the bike, grasp the seat on each side at the pillion position,
3. Place the front of the seat into the guides, and put the rear of the seat on top of the latch,
4. Push down until the latch clicks once but is not fully seated,
5. Lift the front of the seat so it's in the upper position,
6. While holding the front of the seat up, briskly push the seat down and towards the front, while taking care not to push the bike off its side or center stand.
7. The seat should now be secured in the latch, but with the front in the upper position.