and grab the power from the fused "Auxilary Supply" already fitted - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 4:51 pm Thread Starter

and grab the power from the fused "Auxilary Supply" already fitted

Hi

I have had my 2002 K1200RS for two weeks, my first BMW, and I have fitted my autocom.........I have looked through this forum for the last three hours, please can someone tell me where the fused "Auxiliary Supply" is fitted on this bike, and is it switched, ie through the ignition?

I have read some very interesting threads tonight, many of them very informative, with lots of variations on how to. I just can't find out where the aux supply is located.

Many thanks in advance

Sundancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:12 pm
Strafist

You can grab switched power from the seat heater (be sure it's on the bike side, not the seat), or the parking light, which is the small bulb in the headlamp.

Another neat trick is to take your ohm meter and find out which fuse(s) on your fuse boxes is switched. Pull that fuse, drill a small hole in one leg of the fuse, insert positive wire from the Autocom and then shove it back in place.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode