clutch problem update - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:06 am Thread Starter
Rookie

clutch problem update

Hello from Croatia!

I finally disassembled my bike to replace the clutch and just wanted to update you all...
The problem was in the slave and input shaft rear seal, clutch housing was filled with gear oil, although I can't say I ever noticed it missing.

And just so you know, this is NOT an easy job, your bike will look like this:

You have to disassemble everything and get your engine off the frame, although manual says you can do it without removing the engine, you get to the point where two bolts and draining coolant makes the difference in removing or not, so, REMOVE it.

I will now have to order two more seals and now that everything is off, I will probably clean injectors and check alternator and starter.

The same job has to be done if you have problems with alternator or starter and have to remove it.
You don't need any special tools to do this kind of job, but don't get me wrong, this is not an easy do it yourself job, you have to be skilled in mechanics, patient and have lots of space for the parts you have to remove.

Once I get to the assembly point I will make some more pictures and can post them as well...

Best regards, Goran!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2008, 12:10 pm

My Dad had to do this with his Red 99' K1200RS. The exact same problem. Apparently there are a couple of important things. Replace the clutch bolts with new. (my brother in law did not and shattered his clutch on his 1100RS), and don't push one of the seals all of the way down. You have to mark it's location. Or it will leak at that seal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode