Anyone tow a Bushtec trailer? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:31 am Thread Starter
Addict

Anyone tow a Bushtec trailer?

I'm using a Uni-go now, but have a need for more room....I'm going to go to a Bushtec next....

My question is: Does anyone on this forum tow one, and what have you found from your experience?

Carpe Beemum

1975 R75/6
2004 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:45 am
Veteran

trailer

If any one here tows a trailer behind their bike, then I am in the wrong forum. If you are going for that many wheels you may as well have a steering wheel also.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 4:47 am
Addict

I can think of a few times when a trailer could have been handy. But personally I think the K-bike leans more to sports riding setup than cruiser/touring. Not only the suspension and ride setup, but also the motor needs to run fast to get decent performance and cooling.

Over here we have lower speed limits set for vehicles towing, so a journey by car is still going to get you there quicker and drier. I've seen plenty of 'Wings' with their dinky paint matched trailers, but then I seem to always be passing them, as most are cruising no more than 60.

However, for a couple of shortish camping trips a year with pillion and no wish to join the cruiser crowd full time, I can see the point of a trailer. It would be nice if the K's had a reverse gear though.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:51 am Thread Starter
Addict

Ah....the reverse gear

Yes, that thought occured to me as well. I have a feeling it would be possible to do some splicing with LT parts. When my old girl is on the slightest incline it can be rough on the balls of my feet.

Carpe Beemum

1975 R75/6
2004 K1200GT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:55 am Thread Starter
Addict

Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
If any one here tows a trailer behind their bike, then I am in the wrong forum. If you are going for that many wheels you may as well have a steering wheel also.

Noted. Oh, and there are a few more Uni-gos in tow here....but please don't leave!

Carpe Beemum

1975 R75/6
2004 K1200GT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2008, 4:21 pm
Addict

Bushtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickasabrick
I'm using a Uni-go now, but have a need for more room....I'm going to go to a Bushtec next....

My question is: Does anyone on this forum tow one, and what have you found from your experience?
A Bushtec on an RS would be like furry dice on a Ferarri. My suggestion is keep the Uni-go and get a KLT. Then put the Uni-Go on the KLT. Or get the KLT and a Bushtec, then it would look better.

Let me know if you want to sell the Uni-Go, my friend may be interested. Don't need the hitch though. You know how to get a hold of me.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2008, 1:15 am Thread Starter
Addict

Geeeez.....

Oh man, Cobbler....let's not scare off anyone that might want to reply to this thread, and answering my question.......at least until they post.....

Carpe Beemum

1975 R75/6
2004 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode