michelin power road two's - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2008, 8:57 pm Thread Starter
Noob

michelin power road two's

This may be old news by now.

I live in Atlanta and ride in the north georgia mountains regularly. I ride with mostly faster guys on sports bikes, 600s and liter bikes and have run pilot powers for the last several sets.

I put on some road two's this week and at have put them through their paces this weekend and at lean angles all the way to the edges and at speeds at double the limits at times. I'm also 215lbs and the bike as 29k + miles. So to say the least, I'm impressed with the performance. Time will tell how many miles i get with my riding style. i got 5k out of regular powers.

thought I'd share.

scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2008, 5:07 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnews41
This may be old news by now.

I live in Atlanta and ride in the north georgia mountains regularly. I ride with mostly faster guys on sports bikes, 600s and liter bikes and have run pilot powers for the last several sets.

I put on some road two's this week and at have put them through their paces this weekend and at lean angles all the way to the edges and at speeds at double the limits at times. I'm also 215lbs and the bike as 29k + miles. So to say the least, I'm impressed with the performance. Time will tell how many miles i get with my riding style. i got 5k out of regular powers.

thought I'd share.

scott
Be sure to let us all know about your mileage - I've been a fan of the Azaros for a long time and am having trouble finding a tire I like as well as them. Z6s right now, and not that impressed.

Deb and Dean Sauer
Golden, CO

The cure for boredom is riding motorcycles, and there is no cure for riding motorcycles...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2008, 11:13 pm
Addict

My last set was Mich. Pilot Powers. (the older ones)
This set is Metz M3.

I will report when the M3's are worn out.

K1200RS 2004 36,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2008, 8:46 pm

I second that about the PR2's. I've been through Bridgestones, Avons and Metzeler Z6's.
So far, after 2,000 miles on a set of PR2's, hands down best tire I've ever run. Smooth into turn angles, fantastic grip in the wet. Best of all with the flat boring MI roads, no evidence of wear or flat center yet. Yes they are bit costly, but worth every penny in my opinion anyway. I do still like Metzeler Z6's though. Very good tire.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2008, 11:58 pm
Looking for better limits...

I've pretty much stuck Z6's, 'cause I like getting 12k miles out of a set of tires that mostly do commute. "C" version because I have the 5.5" wheel

I've taken the bike out for track, and get Metzeler M3's. They're good for 6k miles, but are a lot more fun to turn with.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser SŲze
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2008, 11:04 am
Enthusiast

tyres

I have 52000 miles on my 02 KRS I have used Avon Storm ok only got 8500 miles out of them RP2's only got 7000 miles,back to the Z6's I get 9500 to 10500 miles on them,I ride two up/solo about 70% of the time use the lean angles on the tyres out to the edge.I have Z6's on my 99 R1100S they will get 10000 miles per set,that bike with Z6's has track days long rides of 2000 plus miles at a time,with Z6's on ,they work the best for me.

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2008, 11:21 am
Noob

Question Z6 problems

Woolf,

I have an 02RS, and I just reordered a new Z6. During the process of finding the best vendor I found a number of postings indicating that there might be problems with the Z6 manufactured in Brazil. Noted, was checking of the tire and one report of bubling. Anyone heard of such problems? Is there a German version and Brazilian version.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2008, 1:40 pm
Would rather be riding

I've got PR2s on my '07 K1200GT right now, so far they're been excellent. 6K miles on the front and 3.5K on the rear, they still look great. (Note that for the K1200GT there's a different 'B' model PR2 for the rear -- you have to look carefully at the Michelin fitment guide to see it, so make sure your tire supplier gets you the right one.)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2008, 9:33 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafidebob
I've got PR2s on my '07 K1200GT right now, so far they're been excellent. 6K miles on the front and 3.5K on the rear, they still look great. (Note that for the K1200GT there's a different 'B' model PR2 for the rear -- you have to look carefully at the Michelin fitment guide to see it, so make sure your tire supplier gets you the right one.)

I haven't heard about it. is that for the old gt or the new one?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2008, 1:20 am
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottnews41
I haven't heard about it. is that for the old gt or the new one?
Sorry, didn't notice the forum, it's for the '06 and up KGT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode