Highway pegs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2008, 1:35 pm Thread Starter

Question Highway pegs

I'm sure this has come up before, but there must be someone out there like me (over fifty) who would like to attach some type of highway peg to a K1200RS. Took my 1998 from Seattle to San Francisco the long way and experienced a lot of knee pain riding 250 miles/day. Any ideas or available products?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2008, 4:50 pm
"DELIVERS"

I would think you need a more laid back seating position than the RS offers to take advantage of highway pegs. Never seen nor heard of them for the RS/GT.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2008, 5:12 am
Addict

I had the same problems on my '97, I'm also over 50. I lowered the original pegs by 3/4" just by fitting the pegs from later bikes (2001 I think). These come straight out and don't have the 'up crank'. You just buy the pegs which aren't too expensive and swap over the springs, rubbers and feelers. Sometimes before a long trip in good weather I also raise the seat to its highest position.

These don't eliminate the leg cramp entirely, but now I've learned to do rider excercises - stretch legs out, wiggle feet, stand on pegs - that sort of thing. You do need frequent stops if you are fast cruising - for me about an hour or gas stop. I've done 2 hours in one stretch and it wasn't fun.

The RS isn't as comfortable as a cruiser bike, but then it can get you places a lot faster with more fun provided you can keep up the concentration without fatigue.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2008, 11:22 am
Veteran

I have seen highway pegs on a gen. 2 GT. The owner said they were very comfortable, but added that the fiberglass work to blend them into the bodywork was going to cost him a bundle.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode