Rain gear/suits... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2005, 8:40 pm Thread Starter

Question Rain gear/suits...

Maybe will be moved to apparel, but so what. Have a mission for my friend's wife, to find her a good rainsuit to buy him for Xmas. Have looked at "First Gear", "Dry Rider", "Teknic", and "Fieldsheer" . Who likes what?, and why?. Thanks. (In my opinion, for the $, the Fieldsheer looked the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2005, 9:38 pm
Noob

Smile Riding Gear.

check http://www.aerostich.com , nothing comes close to it.

Rain Rider
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2005, 10:48 pm
Addict

I have two of the BMW Rainsuit (one piece) - one for me and one for the SO. They work great, are easy to put on and keep you dry. They also do not take up too much room in the side cases.

Hanshi
2007 BMW K1200LT (black)
2004 BMW K1200GT (grey-green, sold)
Reading, Pa, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 2:11 am
just saying hey

Based on my previous history of Dri Rider, I would buy anything but this brand. I purchased an earlier model Summit, leaked in through the chest and my arms would fill with water when it rained! I would have water run out of the jacket when I released the wrist velcro straps. I waterproofed by gloves even more - that was a good move because the water would run out thru the cuff and into the gauntlets and they would eventually fill up with water. They should name them Wet Rider!.. I went back to the distributor (in Australia) and told them my problems... supposedly very unusual (I did not believe that because there was so much water getting in - even with light rain). They gave me the top of the line jacket. Exactly the same problem. Then the rep started to blame my bike because the jacket let water in! I was pissed! Since the first jacket, I wish I had spent the money and bought something else - even BMW gear - I have not heard a bad thing about them (except for their price). Aerostich could be my next buy.

Hope this scares you away from Dri Rider!

Colin
2000 K1200RS Pacific Blue
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 6:15 am
Enthusiast

I'm about to race into the Courtroom, so I'll make this quick.

In a recent test of motorcycle wet weather riding apparel the Triumph Chevron Oversuit received the highest rating. Based on these test results I purchased one. Bottom line, it is the best rain suit I have ever owned......period. Not only is it very well constructed, it has an abundance of reflective panels and striping that makes you stand out like a beacon in weather where poor visibility is an issue. Also, it is designed so that you can get in and out of the suit very quickly without having to "bunny hop" beside the roadway. Great product. You can view this item on the internet by googling "Triump Chevron Oversuit." The retail price, if I remember correctly, is about $90-$100, or so.

Good luck,

OkeefenokeeJoe
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 8:37 am
Veteran

I have

Frog Dog.
Looks flimsy but don't let that fool you and stores in little space. Doesn't weight you down and does not cost a lot.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 10:59 am

Frank thomas aqua

I have ridden in rainstorms so intense I had to park because of visibility. I never got wet in any of those.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 3:38 am

Rainsuit

Take a look at the Tourmaster Elite one piece. Works good for me. Light weight, not bulky, not too expensive either, at least when I bought one $59.95. I'm 6'3" 200 lbs. Get the XXXL size to allow extra room.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 8:51 am

Cool Rain suit

I agree with Okeefenokeejoe, I bought the Triumph Chevron and it has kept me dry and warm and the occasions I needed it. It is easy to use and worth the 99 green backs . Here in Eugene,Or. there is a dealer that has them in stock . If you need I can get you the number or site. .
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:01 am

The BMW dealer out West 11th? I live in Albany and work in Portland, but have lots of family in Eugene-Springfield so I'm there often....

Duh... The name should have clued me in that the TRIUMPH dealer a couple blocks away is the guy that has them!

Last edited by jaimeshawn; Dec 2nd, 2005 at 10:08 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode