Big "Thank You" to all - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 9:25 pm Thread Starter

Big "Thank You" to all

I wanted to thank this forum for some great info. After 40 years of motorcycling both on and off road I finally got my dream bike, a used K100RS, a few years back. The wife and I loved it but got the fever to get a new '04 K12GT in April of '04. Its big, its blue, and its FAST. (Well, I'm 58 and its fast enough for me for now :-)

I had a slight hesitation on cold start-ups and never gave it too much thought. Sure, it was less than perfect but coming off a 1980's K100 I didn't complain too much. Then, after reading some of the posts here about the ECM updates I realize my '04 with a build date of 08/03 was one of the bikes with the suspect ECM.

Thanks to the information I learned here I contacted my dealer and they checked the numbers and told me to bring it in as it fit into the group the TSB applied to. Had I not read about this here I surely would have missed the end of December 2005 deadline and would have been stuck with the old ECM and its issues.

Thanks to all the posters who help me get this problem corrected. Due to the many fine folks here this is a great site and a valuable resource for any K biker.

I see the new K-GT/RT is coming but I think we will be holding on the the "04 for some time. I love the blue and the wife and I both like the "curves" of the body work. To us its a rolling work of art. To be fair, its not a prefect motorcycle but neither is any of the others on the market.

There will always be a newer, faster, better and one can never stay on top of the curve. The new bike will have its teething issues for a few years like they all do. I know we will love the new GT, but the "old" one is pretty cool too. Its easy to pick them apart but having ridden bikes for over 40 years I still get a rush everytime we take the K Baby out. Its smoooooooth.....its fast! its pretty. Mine shifts wonderfully, gets over 40MPG, and the wife finds it comfortable. We spend some of our best hours together on the GT and to me that is all that matters.

So, thanks for the wisdom and knowledge from all the members. I look forward to learning even more from all the great folks here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 6:15 am
"Hey Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans471
I wanted to thank this forum for some great info. ..........................So, thanks for the wisdom and knowledge from all the members. I look forward to learning even more from all the great folks here.
It starts out with "we" being the reason "you" are here, then one day it all changes, and "you" become the reason "we" are here. Thanks for the post John.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 8:59 pm
Enthusiast

We are all here because we love these bikes. I have had no better, and is a blast to ride. I hope you and your wife enjoy riding your GT as much or more than all of us out here. The RS/GT will do what ever you ask it to do and more. Keep your skills up to date, don't get over confident or complacent, and trust the bikes capabilities. You will be suprised and really want to ride even more. Enjoy it and welcome to this site, we are all here to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2005, 11:13 am

Welcome to the dark side.

A rather dated statement that comes out of the days that the K-bikes were first coming out. Star wars was out and the R-bike folks used to say that the K-bike was the dark side.

At any rate, enjoy but also be careful. The K12 is deceptively smooth and fast. You can find yourself going much faster than you had anticipated and much more quickly also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode