ZTechnik Exhaust - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 8:02 pm Thread Starter

ZTechnik Exhaust

Have 03 K1200GT 34,000 miles Looking for a better sounding exhaust. Thinking about the ZTechnik with chip from Pirates Lair. Anyone else have this setup on their bike. I'm allso running a K&N filter. If not the ZTechnik, leaning towards the TwoBrother's set up. Just hate to pay 400.00 for the Rhinewest chip. to go with the TwoBrothers. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 11:30 pm
Enthusiast

Exhaust

Buy the Staintune and you dont need a chip - great performance, great sound, no repacking and great looks.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2005, 4:35 pm

I've said this before. The Ztech chip works AWESOME with the Two Bros exhaust.

I had a rough idle and blew some smoke with the Two Bros and no Ztech chip. They say the Ztech chip corrects the air/fuel mixture caused by the lack of backpressure in the exhaust. I believe it. Bike runs mint.

I wouldn't be surprised if Two Bros makes the Ztech exhaust. I also know one person with the Staintune and Ztech chip setup. He's happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Ztechnik exhaust

I had the Ztechnik exhaust, manifold and chip installed on my '03 K1200GT. It sounded significantly better with some improvements in performance. It is significantly lighter than the stock set up. Once the new BMW ECU update came out, I had the Ztechnik chip removed and the new ECU installed. Same great performance and superior sound. It seemed to rev faster between shifts but that could just be my imagination. The Ztechnik instructions recommend re-packing the muffler every 6000 miles. I haven't found any reason to re-pack after 7000 miles. I'll keep using it as is until there is more indication to re-pack it. I am very satisfied with the Ztechnik. The sound is louder than the stock muffler but not too loud to be embarrassing.

Richard
Roanoke, VA
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2005, 5:45 pm
Rookie

What rclompus said. Mine is 04 bike, with original ECU
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 10:04 pm

I have it in my '02 and it is fantastic. The whole system weighs only 12 pounds, sounds great and makes the bike run superbly with the matching chip. I love it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2006, 6:09 am

Z Technic Chip and Exhaust

I have this set-up on my '04 GT and love it. It is a louder, throatier sound (but not a real deep sound), but as stated previously, not enough to be embarrassing. I'm at 6k miles on the exhaust and haven't repacked it yet. Can anyone give some advice on what to look for that indicates it is time to do so?

"If everything's coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."
'04 K1200GT / '01 R1200C - Savannah, GA
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:00 am

Talking Two Brothers Exhaust with a ZTechnik Performance Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack69boots
I've said this before. The Ztech chip works AWESOME with the Two Bros exhaust.

I had a rough idle and blew some smoke with the Two Bros and no Ztech chip. They say the Ztech chip corrects the air/fuel mixture caused by the lack of backpressure in the exhaust. I believe it. Bike runs mint.

I wouldn't be surprised if Two Bros makes the Ztech exhaust. I also know one person with the Staintune and Ztech chip setup. He's happy.

I just installed a Two Brothers Exhaust and a ZTechnik Performance Chip and works great! I had the header "jet hot" coated, satin black. It looks awesome and the muffler can was a perfect fit over the header.

Mark

'03 K1200RS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode