QD's BMW part number - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2009, 4:10 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

QD's BMW part number

My BMW dealer in New Zealand found these for me. The part numbers are as follows
QD male only 13537700800
Clamp 16121176918
Kind of takes all the worry out of fitting after market bits if you are not sure what O rings and seal are being used. Naturally it fitted up perfectly to the female part. BTW, could not find any after market stuff down here anyway, and importing Omega from the states was dearer than the BMW item here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2009, 6:34 am
Addict

The parts distributed by Omega are from the same manufacturer (Colder Products) as the BMW plastic items and the plastic/metal QD's are interchangeable.

You may not know if BMW are supplying theirs with the Viton O rings, but you do when you order from Omega. That's the important common factor, whether it's a plastic or metal QD you have.

The switch from plastic to metal was an initiative started on this and another site. As far as I know, we were the first to discuss the problem and come up with a solution to avoid becoming a roman candle. QD's is one area where you will do better reading the past posts than rely on a BMW dealership. I still don't think BMW have ever acknowledged a problem with plastic QD's although I suspect pressure from riders may be pushing them to stock metal. I bet you don't take a bike in for service with plastic and it comes back with metal QD's though.

Personally I would change both for metal and be sure they had Viton O rings.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by voxmagna; Jul 27th, 2009 at 6:40 am.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2009, 12:45 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Vosmagna, you are an amazing source of information. I blew it on this, my first thread, and lodged another, stating that the QD's were indeed of metal from BMW. The cost of importing from the States is often expensive and the fact that these items are from BMW gives [I hope] some confidence. Then again, the plastic OEM items certainly don't do that! I have not seen any mention of BMW metal QD's on this site and thought the community may have been interested to learn about them. I have followed this site for sometime now and you and several others continue to supply a wealth of knowledge to our benefit. Both my male QD's are in metal.

2002 K1200RS Ride #18. Owned from new. Pacific Blue of course. Suspended on Ohlins. 120,000+km
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads
1916 Triumph Type H, Western front, France WW1 - my Grandads
The cheapest is often the most expensive form of economy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2009, 1:41 pm
Looking for better limits...

For the K1200RS/K1200GT, these are the metal parts (and should link to the Omega parts page).

FT-LCD220-05-FKM and FT-LCD170-05-FKM

Get the FKM ones, as that's the better "O" ring (aka "Viton®"). FKM is the generic name for Viton and hence the lable which allows Omega to get the "viton" rings from any source other than DuPont (who "owns" the Viton name).

For the newer K bikes, they're using the same brand, but the fuel hose diameter is different.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2009, 2:13 pm
Addict

Beemer Bone Yard has the metal replacements. Beemer Boneyard Quick Disconnects for K1200RS/LT/GT

Lache pas la patate

Robert Odendahl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode