UK tax disk holder location - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 1:59 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

UK tax disk holder location

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out where to mount the tax disk holder on this 97 K12RS. It's just a standard holder I have which bolts to the bike. Can't see anywhere on the front wheel as the bolts are recessed, thought about the space in front of the gear shifter but I think it will foul the linkage. Any ideas?

( Could get a holder to stick inside the screen I suppose. )

Cheers

Bigmadstu

97 BMW K1200RS ( Stock )
01 Aprilia RSVR ( Far from stock )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 3:55 pm
Addict

I put mine on the bolt that holds the can on the left hand side. Unfortunately, just about anywhere on a bike it might get pinched if left in car parks etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 4:25 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Tax disk holder location.

Know what you mean about getting the disk nicked. Don't agree with road tax anyways, it's just a PITA and £60 a year is insignificant against what we all pay in fuel duty/tax. Think I might go for a screen stick on holder mounted at the very bottom.

Bigmadstu

97 BMW K1200RS ( Stock )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2005, 12:26 pm

I have mine attached below ignition switch - I think on bolt attaching ignition but too dark to cjeck it jut now! A cautionary note here - was fitted here when I bought the bike, a couple of months later did quick U-turn in road, followed by smoke rising from below tank - couldn't see anything and bike ran fine but lights were confused (on all the time, even when ignition off and then rear light would not work - this was at nigt in middle of National Rally). Later stripped plastic and tank off to find ignition wires all melted together - caused by wires having been stretched around tax disk holder! Had to rewire ignition (with longer wires!)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Smile Tax Disc Holder

When I Recently Bought My Bike From The Dealer, This Was A Complaint By Them Also. Apparently As They Dont Have Tax Discs In Germany Its Not Something Thats High On Their Agenda!.
Anyway I Found The Ideal Spot, Which Was On The Rear Of The Pannier Rail, Underneath Where My Topbox Is, This Is Out Of Sight Of The Casual Passerbye
And Also The Worst Of The Weather. Another Advantage Is That To Fit It Is Pretty Awkward, Hence Nicking It Is Awkward As Well!

Cheers
Neil
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2006, 3:45 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

I'll give that a look Neil, can you post a photo mate?

Got the disk holder mounted on the exhaust bracket but it gets covered in crap and vibrates at tickover

Stuart

Bigmadstu

97 BMW K1200RS ( Stock )
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2006, 5:45 am

Question photo of disc holder

will post picture as soon as i can sort out how to get it onto this site!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2006, 6:01 am

Tax Disk

When I picked mine up it was fitted on the front fork using one of the Torx screws that holds the front mudguard.

It was in a sealed alloy (can't spell Aluminium) case with about 8 screws, any thief would have to work hard.

Dibbley
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:45 pm

I have mine mounted in the same place as Neil left hand side under the Givi mount in one of the waterproof bolt up holder
Frank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode