Sport Rider Article - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2009, 5:53 am Thread Starter

Sport Rider Article

Nice article by Jeff Hughes in the December issue of Sport Rider [pg. 90] entitled "The Old Warhorse". It hit a nerve for me.

Marc
Prescott AZ
2008 K1200S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2009, 1:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrouse
Nice article by Jeff Hughes in the December issue of Sport Rider [pg. 90] entitled "The Old Warhorse". It hit a nerve for me.
I went looking for a copy today... none at the store yet. Is yours a subscription copy?

Can you summarize the article and why it hit a nerve? I'm interested.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2009, 1:34 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout
I went looking for a copy today... none at the store yet. Is yours a subscription copy? Can you summarize the article and why it hit a nerve? I'm interested.
Yes, subscription. I've passed the issue on to my son, but the author opens his garage on a beautiful day for a ride on his GS. He glances at his old K12RS gathering dust in the back corner. Guilt rises. A decision wavers. He hoses down the KRS, pumps some air and sets out on an old favorite mountain route. Both glad to be back together again and wondering about the things that caused them to drift apart.

Marc
Prescott AZ
2008 K1200S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2009, 6:04 pm

KRS gathering dust...no way

Well my garage is graced by a 18 month old GS, which is great fun but my love is really still with my yellow taxi 12 year old KRS (owned from new!) which does not gather dust......far from it.......its in daily use.
They are both great bikes....very different and i think great stable partners.......the GS easy to switch to .......the KRS harder....takes more time to get back into the rhythm of the bike......but i have to say IMHO more satisfying .

I tend to ride one at a time for a period of a few weeks, then switch, its great fun, i think i get more out of each that way......

Roads - the best ones always connect nowhere with nowhere and have an alternative that is quicker
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2009, 7:01 am
Noob

Sport Rider Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrouse
I ride with Jeff a few times a year up to WV. He's a great guy. I'd called him a couple times this week to converse about the K12 I bought this week.

Kevin Hawkins // Greensboro, NC
[email protected]
http://www.kevinhawk.com
'00 BMW K1200RS
'93 Yamaha GTS1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode