Need Spare Ignition Keyes Cut - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2010, 9:06 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Need Spare Ignition Keyes Cut

I recently bought a couple of new keys for my 2004 K1200GT. Of course they are blank and need to be cut. Went to local shop - no joy - told me that the keys are stainless steel and need to be cut by a special cutter. Anyone ever heard of this? Local dealer doesn't cut them either. I would like to have a spare key (lost on a while back) and keep it at home. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Paul

2ndChance
'04 K1200GT RED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2010, 9:57 pm
Addict

2nd Chance.
Call a few good (BIG) locksmiths in town. I can't remember but I think I had mine done by a company on West Sahara.

You are welcome to come to the European Motorcyle Owners breakfast every Sunday Morning at Henry's American Grill at 237 N. Stephanie Drive , Henderson we start showing up at 7 and get thru about 9

Most of the time we have 30 + riders.

The EMO web site is emolasvegas.org

2004 K1200RS Piedmont Red
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2010, 11:46 pm
Will ride for picts

Sierra BMW in Sparks had no problem cutting me a replacement key. Did it on the spot.

Bazra, I rode with the EMO's back in 2007 on a ride to Mammoth. It was supposed to be a joint ride between the Las Vegas EMO's and Reno/Sparks HighBeemers, but I was the only person from Reno that showed up... you weren't on that ride, were you?

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 2:29 am
Veteran

Your local heavy truck dealer can cut steel keys
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 9:09 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the ideas. Looking into the suggested locksmith on Sahara this afternoon and possilby a big truck lease dealer if no success with the Sahara suggestion. I'm also going to Reno next week for a one day visit, maybe I could stop in and see the dealer there. Sierra BMW correct?

2ndChance
'04 K1200GT RED
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 9:17 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Bazra,
I have thought about coming to the morning breakfast several times. Sunday is usually occupied with a visit to my local church. Maybe I could stop by if I can get my butt to church on Saturday afternoon then I could make it. I have a teenage daughter, not driving yet, thank God, but my plans on the weekend right now revolve around her calendar. She attends a school that has most of the kids driving in from different parts of town. They all try and get together on the weekends. Nice to know there are brothers here in town. Nice avatar.

2ndChance
'04 K1200GT RED
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 11:26 am
Looking for better limits...

Local dealer couldn't recommend anyone??

Granted, this occurred in San Jose, CA., but while the dealer couldn't cut them, they knew the locksmith one block up and across the street could cut them. Took all of 20 minutes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 11:48 am
Will ride for picts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndChance
...snip ... I'm also going to Reno next week for a one day visit, maybe I could stop in and see the dealer there. Sierra BMW correct?
Yes, that's correct. They are actually in Sparks.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=13&iwloc=A

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 9:37 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhall
Sierra BMW in Sparks had no problem cutting me a replacement key. Did it on the spot.

Bazra, I rode with the EMO's back in 2007 on a ride to Mammoth. It was supposed to be a joint ride between the Las Vegas EMO's and Reno/Sparks HighBeemers, but I was the only person from Reno that showed up... you weren't on that ride, were you?

I sure was there. I was the guy who stayed at the other hotel about 1 mile away.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2010, 9:39 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndChance
Bazra,
I have thought about coming to the morning breakfast several times. Sunday is usually occupied with a visit to my local church. Maybe I could stop by if I can get my butt to church on Saturday afternoon then I could make it. I have a teenage daughter, not driving yet, thank God, but my plans on the weekend right now revolve around her calendar. She attends a school that has most of the kids driving in from different parts of town. They all try and get together on the weekends. Nice to know there are brothers here in town. Nice avatar.

I think we have met a LV BMW.
I am the handsome EMO member.

Barry Allen, aka The Flash.

i have to use Bazra on this site someone stole my real name.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode